cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dismissed chapter 13

tag
kingleo

Dismissed chapter 13

I will try to make this short. 6-12-10 my wife and I filed a 13. It was dismissed for her job not paying the trustee. We filed again on 11-12-10. That was dismissed due to our incompetent attorneys. Now my credit shows two dismissed BK. I know they will fall of later this year but I'm really trying to rebuild. I've called all agencies throughout the years but they will not delete. I've tried to get credit here and there to no avail. My total debt is somewhere around the $1000 on my reports. What steps should I take? All scores are very very low 500s

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Dismissed chapter 13

They will fall of off Experian and transunion....but not equifax until 2020. 

Try to Opensky or NFCU secured credit cards to to rebuilding. After 6 months of on time payments and low utility, try Cap1 prequalified to see if you can get an unsecured card. 

Good luck! 

Message 2 of 5
smitty1
New Contributor

@kingleo wrote:

I will try to make this short. 6-12-10 my wife and I filed a 13. It was dismissed for her job not paying the trustee. We filed again on 11-12-10. That was dismissed due to our incompetent attorneys. Now my credit shows two dismissed BK. I know they will fall of later this year but I'm really trying to rebuild. I've called all agencies throughout the years but they will not delete. I've tried to get credit here and there to no avail. My total debt is somewhere around the $1000 on my reports. What steps should I take? All scores are very very low 500s

Discharged Chapter 13's fall off after 7 years.  Dismissed Chapter 13's stay for 10 years.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

You will have many more choices when your bankruptcy falls off. I agree about a secured card. That is how I started before my Chapter 13 fell off. I was lucky with Capital One and Bank of America. I am sure you will get many ideas here in the forum. Good luck to you.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I have a dismissed ch 13bk from 2013 that will show until 2020 with the lienient bureau and 2023 with the other bureau. Secured cards are great and will help  but you may have other challenges with your report like late pays and high util.  Although I have a more recent dismissal than yours, my score is 618, 622 and 638 no unsecured cards, gym memdership that reports as installment loan, all student loans are paid as agreeded, high util, 2 medial collections (1 is in dispute with literally everyone CFPB, all 3 bureaus and the provider), the other is from 2012. But I just got approved for cap1 auto at 15% (high but i have the baddies.  First Premier, Credit One, Milestone and Merrick are my credit cards; fingerhut, victoria secret, roamans, overstock,ann taylor and meijer....i used prepaid cards for 18 months to track my spending and evaluate my credit behavior. I stared working on my report July 2016 with no credit cards and a 449 credit score.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.