Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispute as IIB or not?

tag
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Dispute as IIB or not?

I have some accounts on EXP that don't report as IIB.  They have the wrong DOFD, past due balances and listed as a chargeoffs.  Do I need to first just dispute that these accounts are IIB and they will automatically fix all of this, or do I need to tell them each specific item on the TL that is wrong?  I guess I'm just wondering what's the best way to do this in hopes that they correct all issues instead of multiple disputes with them.  I have to get a car in the month or two and I just want these accounts to report correctly and show IIB.  

EXP has been a nightmare to work with and they have just worn me down.  I have EQ and TU all corrected and my scores are pretty good, but this dog gone EXP are just %$^$#!

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
brownmk84

Re: Dispute as IIB or not?

I disputed online with Experian and the next day they changed everything to IIB. I did not go line by line, just checked the box that stated included in bankruptcy. My nightmare has been with TU and EQ, after the first round of disputes there are still items that need to be corrected.

Message 2 of 5
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

How long ago did you do dispute online?  Was your bk discharged yet?  

Mine is not discharged yet but I am right at the end...just waiting to see the papers in the mail anyday now.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 3 of 5
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Well....I went online to EXP and initiated a dispute on those two accounts.  I just stated that they were IIB.  That was at 4:15pm.  At 5:01pm I get an email saying that my dispute results are ready.  And I'm thinking no way.  It's gonna be just what I thought...a battle with EXP.

Nope, they actually fixed everything just like that.  I'm in shock Smiley Surprised

Message 4 of 5
fuzzybean
Frequent Contributor

@Rhaeny wrote:

Well....I went online to EXP and initiated a dispute on those two accounts.  I just stated that they were IIB.  That was at 4:15pm.  At 5:01pm I get an email saying that my dispute results are ready.  And I'm thinking no way.  It's gonna be just what I thought...a battle with EXP.

Nope, they actually fixed everything just like that.  I'm in shock Smiley Surprised

I wish my IIB disputes were that easy.  I've been fighting them for a couple of years.  A few months ago, I contacted our BK and he's sent letters and they still didn't fix it.  He just sent two new letters stating we'd persue legal action if they weren't fixed immediately. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.