cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputed item not removed after 5 or more tries..

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Disputed item not removed after 5 or more tries..

Will let you all know how I make out.  I wrote the letter but all I put in the letter was that the bankrupcy was filed on May 1st, 2001 and that it was dismissed, hower we are now in 2009 and I am still waiting for it to be removed from my credit report.  Not sure what other things should be in the dispute.  Any information gladly appreciated.
Message 21 of 24
Guardian
Valued Contributor

Thank you and good luck. Actually the less you say and the more to the point, the better. Simply state that the BK is being reported beyond the required time frame and is too old to be of any significance and should have been removed already. Please delete the reference. That's pretty much the gist of it. Avoid giving them specific times/dates, the more vague in this case you keep it and general, the better. But that's just my opinion. Good luck whatever you decide.

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

Message 22 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the help.  I am writing the letter today and mailing it.  We should see what happens in 30 days or so. The thing that I don't understand is when I pull up my fico report on Equifax it lists the bankrupcy as my number 1 negative which to me seems very strange after all these years.  So it is time to see what I can do about it.  I really do appreciate all your help and will let you know how I make out.  Again thanks.
Message 23 of 24
Guardian
Valued Contributor

That may actually be a good thing if you have no other baddies. Which means this goes, you might see a nice healthy rebucketing. Granted, we never know if the buckets will be kind to us or not, but we can hope right?

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.