Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputes, matrix, schedules

tag
SSH0126
Established Contributor

Disputes, matrix, schedules

When sending letters after discharge to creditors that are still sending  letters trying to collect..would I send the whole schedule or just the page that particular creditor is listed on? 

Also would I black all the other creditors out or just send the whole page as is? 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Disputes, matrix, schedules

You should call them and tell them your BK case number, attorney, filing date. You can also send them a letter stating that and a copy of the list of creditors. it's public record so there really isn't a reason to black anything out they can get a copy of it and are given a copy anyway.

Message 2 of 6
SSH0126
Established Contributor

True I don't to have to go back and forth with people that are front lines on the phones there are quite a few places we have to do this with..I was just drafting a letter file # including the schedule the discharge and advising to update/delete the debt..contact attny if neccessary..

Message 3 of 6
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Also of note - a creditor does not have to be listed on your petition to be included in the discharge - so long as the debt was incurred prior to your filing.

Did you have a lawyer?  If so, why not have them send a letter?

BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 4 of 6
SSH0126
Established Contributor

Yes we have an attorney and that is a big story that I don't even want to get into. Thus I am doing the last bit( sending letters) to who is needed. Thanks for the tip though I thought they absolety had to be included or else it does not apply..

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been DC since 10/12 and I'm still fighting with a creditor as they refuse to update our credit report to show the account was included in BK and to remove the 120dpd late they have reported which is incorrect as we were current prior to filing. Now, they keep taking it on/off the report. I called an attorney today in my area who deals with this BS, and am meeting with them on Tuesday. Keep good records and copies of letters, you should also send the letter to them certified and keep the return slip. You never know if you might also have to go after them later for violating the law(s).

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.