cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do dates of delinquency matter if account says IIB?

tag
cirrus00
New Contributor

Do dates of delinquency matter if account says IIB?

Hello,

Im sure this answer is somewhere on the board, and Ive searched around for an answer, but wanted to make sure what Im thinking is right.

I feel as if my car loan is reporting incorrectly.

I filed BK 11/22/13 and discharged on 4/1/14. Up until i filed this loan had been paid on time and was never late. But, the account is being reported as DOFD 01/14 (two months after I filed) and date of Major Delinquency 03/14. Are these dates incorrect? I feel as if they should be as of the filing date?

I appreciate your help!

P.S Im trying to attach a screen shot by Im not sure if it will work!

screenshot.JPG

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Re: Do dates of delinquency matter if account says IIB?

In this case the date of first deliquency doesn't really mean the date you were deliquent - as it should be the date your petition was filed - or at least the same month.

BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 2 of 10
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

My opinion is that once the tradeline is reporting IIB and zero balance, none of the other details matter ... and least not from a lender perspective. What should matter to you if whether or not the reporting will affect your ability to obtain new credit in the future. You will have taken the hit for having the bankruptcy on your credit report for a long time but you would have also been discharged of the responsibility to repay the balance of that debt. Also, auto loan companies will generally not continue to report on an auto loan once your filed the bankruptcy petition ... regardless if you continue to make payments on time after the discharge.

Message 3 of 10
cirrus00
New Contributor

Thank you for your reply. I was hoping it was ok, but the reason I felt it was wrong is because it looks as if I have a recent collection as of 4/14.

When they did that, Myfico alerted me saying a new collection had been added to my credit report. and my score went down.

Message 4 of 10
cirrus00
New Contributor

Also, I stopped making payments in Nov when I filed...so technially the DOFD should be when I filed. I dont know, I feel like its hurting me showing a delinquency after BK.

Message 5 of 10
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Underwriters are skilled/experienced in reading/interpreting credit report contents. Your efforts/focus should be on rebuilding a robust credit profile. Just my 2cents...

Message 6 of 10
cirrus00
New Contributor

Thanks again, and thats what Im working on!

I was told "new and recent collections" was a reason for denial. Since this is the only thing added to my report in almost two years, Im assuming its this.

Message 7 of 10
Scupra
Super Contributor

@cirrus00 wrote:

Thank you for your reply. I was hoping it was ok, but the reason I felt it was wrong is because it looks as if I have a recent collection as of 4/14.

When they did that, Myfico alerted me saying a new collection had been added to my credit report. and my score went down.

Is this TL listed under the "collection" tab of your report? $0 bal and IIBK should not be there. It looks to be reporting fine and is most likely unrated at this point. Also, nothing happened AFTER your DISCHARGE, so no worries. Missing a payment or messing up AFTER d/c would be what hurts you.

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 8 of 10
cirrus00
New Contributor

@Scupra.......its reported under "negative" on equifax. This is a screen shot of where all my "negative" accounts are.

screen shot 2.JPG

Message 9 of 10
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

@cirrus00 wrote:

@Scupra.......its reported under "negative" on equifax. This is a screen shot of where all my "negative" accounts are.

screen shot 2.JPG

dispute anything in your report that does not show iib and 0 balance like capitol one above/....

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.