Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Docketbird and bankruptcyobserver

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Docketbird and bankruptcyobserver

Hello, I recently did a google search of my name and my personal information in regards to my bk showed up on this site docketbird and bankruptcy observer.com. Docketbird is straightforward in removing your information if you choose to. They will do it for free, but it will take longer. I paid, and it was removed off their site right away. I did have to submit an update outdated content request with google so that it would not show up in the search with my name. So that worked out until I realized that this was on google and not the World Wide Web, so I did a yahoo and Bing search. Although I never use those search engines, I just wanted to see what was out there. That's when my information was found on a similar site called bankruptcy observer.com. It's very **bleep**ty and poorly put together. Unlike docketbird they have no contact information at all, and it does not seem like you can pay to get your information removed. Has anyone had any experience with bankruptcyobserver at all? I tried to find out who the owner is, but all that information is private.  

I also want to know how you deal with public shame or embarrassment when having someone find this information? It's been one year since I filed and I literally started over and I don't want to have this info out there just by doing a google search. Although this info is public it's usually harder to get to via pacer. You can't google search my name and pacer comes up.  

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Docketbird and bankruptcyobserver

Check this out. Even the owner of DB posted..... https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Bankruptcy/DocketBird/td-p/5529078

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. 

Message 3 of 7
nomadic_traveler
Regular Contributor

For your reference Google is the World Wide Web.  Google just crawls the web.  Meaning Google crawls every website out there and pulls keywords so that when someone searches for something it shows up.  I also paid DocketBird and they removed my info immediately.  It toke about a week for Google to update.  Yahoo and Bing are the same as Google.  They also crawl every website.  They all do it in their own time.  So if DB deletes data from public view then eventually it will disappear from searches on Google, Yahoo, and Bing.  

Outside of that the only way for anyone to know about the BK is if they pulled your credit report or you told someone.  There are various other sites out there like MyLife and others who also show the fact you have a BK BUT I found out that it's really simple to get your info deleted from those sites and it's free.  MyLife and others will show up in a Google search but like I said you can get that stuff deleted easily for free.  

It toke me a few hours to email and fill out some forms for the various sites showing my BK and then it was about two weeks for it all to be gone from any Google searches. Now when you search my name other things that mean nothing show up.

At this point someone would have to pay one of the various sites to find out about my BK or get my permission to do a credit check.    We all make mistakes though and really all that matters is how we respond to that mistake.  So a BK would show that at some point we were careless with money and credit.  So in a few years if someone were to find out about your BK but you've changed your ways and you have your financial situation under control then really it doesn't matter.  

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much for this thoughtful reply. 

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

There are many reasons why someone files bankruptcy and it is not always due to carelessness with credit.  Sometimes there is a serious illness in the family and medical bills pile up even if the parties are working 2-3 jobs, such that they can no longer be managed.  This still does not give companies, really, a couple of Harvard and other grads trying to make millions off of people's private info that otherwise could only be obtained as you said by going to the court.  I still believe they have NO RIGHT to set up a situation in which such confidential information (confidential to the court, lawyers, and judges) can so easily be viewed by ANYONE simply TYPING IN A PERSON'S NAME into Google.  Such companies like Docketbird are so very dubious. If you try to find their real location you get led on a wild goose chase to some remote forest in Oregon and Pennsylvania (I checked and oddly, the website creator is somehow part of the same entity, and when you try to google that designer, you get a forest road in Penn for a finance mogul!

The other point I want to reiterate is that regardless of whatever Docketbird people say about removal for free -- whoever they really are -- their site trail specifically says that you have to pay them money for removal AND you have to present your ID such as your DL (snapshot!!).  The legal and unethical part of it is that we never asked them or gave them permission to publish.

A cruel, vile world in this aspect of business and the www.  I had to nag and nag to get them to remove my information.  I think for most of us, suing them is the only way around it.  

Perhaps they are decent people trying to make a buck to live high on the hog; however, as I told them, could they not find a more ethical activity for income generation than ruining people's lives and reputations?

So tired of this.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry.....so upset. Meant to write that it doesn't give the grads the right to use our information for public viewing across the world!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.