cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Paypal debit acct remain 'safe' when Synchrony is burned?

tag
twono
Frequent Contributor

Does Paypal debit acct remain 'safe' when Synchrony is burned?

I've had a PP acct for a long time..  Just wondering if Synchrony does any cross-collateral like the CU's do, since SYNCHRONY owns PP Mastercard and they are in the process of being burned by me.

I'm looking at selling a few things and didn't want funds that are in my PP debit acct seized by Synchrony.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Does Paypal debit acct remain 'safe' when Synchrony is burned?

I wouldn't think so. Two separate companies. Sync just handles the credit side. I would research about selling stuff before BK filing. There's some do's and dont's before filing. Good Luck!

Message 2 of 7
twono
Frequent Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

I wouldn't think so. Two separate companies. Sync just handles the credit side. I would research about selling stuff before BK filing. There's some do's and dont's before filing. Good Luck!

I"m 3 wks out from DC...was concerned with using my PP debit acct after the DC.

I know it is advised to open new checking accts when you have both a checking acct and credit products with a bank.  So since PP debit is basically a checking acct, i didn't know if the same advice would apply.

Message 3 of 7
texasguppie
Regular Contributor

@twono wrote:

I've had a PP acct for a long time..  Just wondering if Synchrony does any cross-collateral like the CU's do, since SYNCHRONY owns PP Mastercard and they are in the process of being burned by me.

I'm looking at selling a few things and didn't want funds that are in my PP debit acct seized by Synchrony.

Mine did.

Message 4 of 7
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@texasguppie wrote:

@twono wrote:

@texasguppie wrote:

@twono wrote:

Mine did.

@texasguppie  What did they do?

Message 5 of 7
twono
Frequent Contributor

@texasguppie wrote:

@twono wrote:

Mine did.

Thanks for the reply, but couuld you elaborate?  Are you saying that SYNCHRONY seized funds from your Paypal Debit acct when you filed BK?  If so, before or after discharge?

Message 6 of 7
texasguppie
Regular Contributor

Nothing.
My money remained in my account.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.