cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double reporting of LOC account IIB

tag
whoelze

Double reporting of LOC account IIB

Hi everyone....been lurking for several months while trying to remember my old username (was hanging around the forum about 15 years agoSmiley LOL)....so went ahead and signed up with a new user name. So on to the reason of this post.

In May of 2021, DW and I filed for joint Ch. 7. The process went it's course and we got DC'd on 08/30/2021. About early November, I started to pull our cr's to check for accuracy. I guess it's my fault that I did not go over it with a fine tooth comb. I did a look through to make sure the creditors i IIB was showing the correct status/remarks, which all did. Also, the collection accounts were no longer there. Then got busy because of the holidays and did not really think of my credit reports anymore. Then mid-December, i started to look at my reports again. I had a LOC with Golden 1 that was IIB. I never noticed it in November, but on all my reports, this LOC was double reported. Golden 1 had it where the original tradeline had all the correct information from beginning to end. This one showed a CL of $5,000. The second one only showed up the month we filed for BK (based on the date it was updated) under a different account number, with a CL of $4,610, and review period of 4 months. The creditor is making it seem like i had two LOC based on the CL. But that is not true. The second account is showing the balance of the LOC when the BK was filed. Also, on both accounts, it is showing my DoFD was 05/26/2021. But the last payment I made on it before the filing of BK was 05/10/2021.

I submitted an online dispute with each of the CR's. TU deleted the duplicate account within hours of submission. EQ and EX came back stating they verified the second account to be valid, and to add salt to an open wound, they updated the accounts to indicate that the ownership of the LOC was a Joint account, based on "information they had." But my Golden 1 account was never a joint account. It was just under my name. So I submitted another dispute to EX. But because i had submitted a dispute before, i was not able to submit a new one, but was able to upload documents. So i uploaded all of my Golden 1 bank statements from 2021. The statements show only my name and only 1 LOC account. For EQ, for some reason, it keeps erroring out when I try to upload the documents. I may end up having to snail mail it to them.

So i guess my questions are:

1. Can a creditor double report an account?

2. Is the BK the cause of DoFD even though I was paying up until the month of filing?

3. If I contact my BK lawyer, will he be able to assist me in getting this sorted out, even though the case was done 4 months ago?

I appreciate any insights you may have. TIA!

Ch. 7 - 05/14/2021 : Discharged - 08/30/2021

FICO 8 Scores as of 01/06/2022:
EQ = 653 EX = 608 TU = 622

FICO 9 Scores as of 01/06/2022:
EQ = 713 EX = 660 TU = 701
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Double reporting of LOC account IIB

Yes contact your lawyer. It appears they placed it back on after DC to make it look like a new account which is against the BK Laws.

Message 2 of 3
whoelze

Re: Double reporting of LOC account IIB

Thanks @FireMedic1! Experian opened another dispute the other day when I submitted bank statements. I'll wait and see the result of their investigation. The documents i submitted had screen shots of the two accounts with statements on why I think the second account should be removed and refered them to review the bank statements i included. Hopefully that works. If they come back and tell me it's verfied again, I'll reach out to my BK lawyer.

Ch. 7 - 05/14/2021 : Discharged - 08/30/2021

FICO 8 Scores as of 01/06/2022:
EQ = 653 EX = 608 TU = 622

FICO 9 Scores as of 01/06/2022:
EQ = 713 EX = 660 TU = 701
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.