Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Down to the last payment on a 13!!!

tag
Lurker22
Frequent Contributor

Down to the last payment on a 13!!!

Yes, I have 1 more payment to go!!! 

Payments have been $1500/month since confirmation (were $1400 before that for 5 months, trustee wanted significantly more - ended up having a hearing with the judge to establish the final amount) - NDC shows $1600 left outstanding - asking my attorney if I should pay $1600, he said no make the normal payment but not trusting that I emailed the trustee and awaiting a response from the auditor - I don't want to delay anything over $100

I'll make the last payment on 10/31 and be FREE!!!!

Should add 

NFCU secured graduated 2 months ago

USB Cash+ Secured is coming up on 12 months at the end of October, hoping it graduates as soon as the 13 concludes

US Back Alt Go Secured will be at 12 months this spring 

So hoping with the jump start on rebuilding my fico rebounds fairly quickly 

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
FLLGuy
Frequent Contributor

Re: Down to the last payment on a 13!!!

Congrats!! fellow soon to be "Discharged BK 13 Alumni" .... LOL Smiley Very Happy

The end of the tunnel is near keep watch on Pacer for your discharge papers then the mailer is sent out the week after.  Sounds like you're already to a great start with NFCU and USB.  I too started with NFCU w/$200 secured card fast forward 1yr later the card unsecured with a CL of $6,000.   Take good care of NFCU and they will reciprocate.    Last advice i learned here - build slowly and not rush into handing off inquiries like water from a broken crag.   Congrats to you once more !!!!

Message 2 of 18
Lurker22
Frequent Contributor

@FLLGuy wrote:

Congrats!! fellow soon to be "Discharged BK 13 Alumni" .... LOL Smiley Very Happy

The end of the tunnel is near keep watch on Pacer for your discharge papers then the mailer is sent out the week after.  Sounds like you're already to a great start with NFCU and USB.  I too started with NFCU w/$200 secured card fast forward 1yr later the card unsecured with a CL of $6,000.   Take good care of NFCU and they will reciprocate.    Last advice i learned here - build slowly and not rush into handing off inquiries like water from a broken crag.   Congrats to you once more !!!!

For sure - so tempted once everything is done to run out and an app spree but slow and steady wins the race!  Going to just sit and let things mature for a bit

Message 3 of 18
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats @Lurker22 

The long fight has come to an end. Keep us updated when the itch occurs. Either we'll hold you back or let you loose. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 18
Lurker22
Frequent Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Congrats @Lurker22 

The long fight has come to an end. Keep us updated when the itch occurs. Either we'll hold you back or let you loose. Smiley Happy

the only thing I plan on doing is 30-60 days after the case closes is Cap1 keeps mailing me pre-approvals - I'll take them up on it then sit back and garden for a bit, that'll give me 4 CC's reporting - Mortgage will start reporting as well so the only thing that I'll need to happen is the 13 to age off my CR

Message 5 of 18
Lurker22
Frequent Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Congrats @Lurker22 

ok here's a question for you, I'm an Amazon Prime user - just noticed today they offfer a secured card but it only gives 2% back, intregued by this and perhaps had I noticed this a year ago I would have signed up but thinking of passing (takes 12 months to graduated and then only to a store card)...I'm currently using the NFCU cashRewards at 1.5% so the difference is sizeable but not huge either, I did burn Chase (and they never filed a claim with the court which is interesting) .... I know they have a long memory but I'm still CPC with them so I'm hoping their memory won't be too long after the 13 drops from my report in 2 years and I'm able to get the Amazon Prime Visa 

Thoughts?  Am I on the right track with decision?

Message 6 of 18
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Lurker22I didnt burn them. Anything that has Chase on it or they service is a no go. I'd like to have their Amazon card. But learned until that BK falls off. Isnt going to happen. And they're my bank and auto loan. Since they were burned. Maybe 2030? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Message 7 of 18
Laredo
Contributor

Congratulations on the long journey.  I know you are feeling good today.  There is a lot to learn about rebuilding from the experts on this forum. Follow their guidance and you will be golden.  Cheers!!! 

(Ch13 Discharged 07/22) Current Cards: American Express Gold: NPSL | American Express Blue Cash Everyday: $15,000 | American Express Delta SkyMiles Platinum: $1,700 | Navy Federal Credit Union Cash Rewards: $10,000 | Dover Federal Credit Union Cash Back: $10,000 | Penfed Cash Rewards: $7,500 | Truist Enjoy Cash: $5,500 | Truist Enjoy Travel: $5,500 | Truist Future: $3,500 | Bread American Express Cash Back $8,500 | Discover it $12,000 | USAA Rewards Amex $12,000 | Kohl’s $800 | Care Credit $7,000 | Lowes $3,000 | Amazon Store Card $1,500 | Jared $5,000
Total Revolving Credit: $108,500
Closed Rebuild Cards: Ollo Platinum: $3,900 | Ollo Rewards: $3,000 | Mercury $3,000 | Surge Card $1,000
Message 8 of 18
Lurker22
Frequent Contributor

@Laredo wrote:

Congratulations on the long journey.  I know you are feeling good today.  There is a lot to learn about rebuilding from the experts on this forum. Follow their guidance and you will be golden.  Cheers!!! 

you have no idea, the last check cleared 10/31!  

Unfortunatley I received an email from my Corp Card Admin (who's new) - AmEx insisted on including my Corp Card in the 13 because it was joint liablity....AmEx has been sending monthly statements showing the payments from the trustee which is interesting (alerted my attorney to this as I dont want this messing up my job), these expenses were fully expensed and AmEx must have applied my employeers direct payment somehwere else

Message 9 of 18
Laredo
Contributor

@Lurker22 wrote:

@Laredo wrote:

you have no idea, the last check cleared 10/31!  

Unfortunatley I received an email from my Corp Card Admin (who's new) - AmEx insisted on including my Corp Card in the 13 because it was joint liablity....AmEx has been sending monthly statements showing the payments from the trustee which is interesting (alerted my attorney to this as I dont want this messing up my job), these expenses were fully expensed and AmEx must have applied my employeers direct payment somehwere else

Good thing you contacted your attorney because no creditor should be contacting you in any form.  They can get in big trouble doing this.  What did your attorney say about Amex sending you monthly statements because that should never happen?

(Ch13 Discharged 07/22) Current Cards: American Express Gold: NPSL | American Express Blue Cash Everyday: $15,000 | American Express Delta SkyMiles Platinum: $1,700 | Navy Federal Credit Union Cash Rewards: $10,000 | Dover Federal Credit Union Cash Back: $10,000 | Penfed Cash Rewards: $7,500 | Truist Enjoy Cash: $5,500 | Truist Enjoy Travel: $5,500 | Truist Future: $3,500 | Bread American Express Cash Back $8,500 | Discover it $12,000 | USAA Rewards Amex $12,000 | Kohl’s $800 | Care Credit $7,000 | Lowes $3,000 | Amazon Store Card $1,500 | Jared $5,000
Total Revolving Credit: $108,500
Closed Rebuild Cards: Ollo Platinum: $3,900 | Ollo Rewards: $3,000 | Mercury $3,000 | Surge Card $1,000
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.