Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EXTRA help needed with cleaning up after BK

tag
2Bfree
Regular Contributor

EXTRA help needed with cleaning up after BK

I noticed some question in the BK section in one of the other posting under the "cleaning up after BK".
I could not find the reply or answer to these to questions.

How can the CRB's delete an account if it is correct? IF all of the accounts say "Included in Bankruptcy with 0 balance.   Can they and why would they delete them within the seven year period.  Second question, does FICO used the public record (BK)and the accounts in the BK against you given  a person a double whammy?
Should your CR show a BK7-discharge under public notice and each creditor that is IIBK be listed separate with statues stating IIBK? 

I have cleaned up from a 450 to a 600(now 551) using veiwing inquiries and dispute unauthorized ones,GW Letters, IIBK, MOV and trying to contact old creditors by mail with the MOV and etc and mail posted marked as return to sender gave me the the next option to try to contact by phone being unsuccessful lead to the EQ trying to contact leading to a delete.  The creditor had turned the acct over to Midland Collection I tried calling them in regard to the acct and they was able to give me details concerning the acct.  Should I try to have them deleted since the orginal creditor was deleted?

This collection is really hurting my score due to the fact timeframe (1year ).
I have a collection IIBK listed under collection on EQ and on EX it is listed under potenitally negative items as a status with "Discharged through BK CH 7/Collection account".  Account history info states Collection as of Dec 06 Debt included in Ch7 Bankruptcy on Jan 8,07, Should the collection account info be removed? Should they list this kind of info in the account history? Transunion listed under Adverse Accts
Franklin Collection Services #XXXXXX
Loan type: Collection Agency/Attorney
Remarks: Ch7 BK
Date placed in collection:9/06

img src="https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/image/serverpage/i
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
CreditBob
Established Contributor

Re: EXTRA help needed with cleaning up after BK

The credit bureuas only store the information. They can not just delete accurate information.  On a chapter 7 & 11 bankruptcy the bankruptcy itself under the public record section stays on the report for 10 years from the filing date. The accounts tht are attached to the bankruptcy will be deleted 7 years from the filing date.

The Fico credit score, owned by Fair Isaac Corporation, is seperate from the credit bureaus. So "FICO" only generates the fico score which 90% of the lenders use. When a creditor requests a fico score, the credit bureuas will transfer your account information onto their mathematical formula which in turn will generate a true fico credit score. The fico score will both look at the bankruptcy itself & the accounst attached to the bankruptcy.

The only time it is a double whammy, like you ahd asked, is if the account attached to the bankruptcy shows a 30, 60, 90, etc. late paymenst on it.

From what i am understanding, you have both a chapter 7 & a chapter 11 bankruptcy as well? Is that correct? If yes, then here is the best I can answer these if I am understanding correctly. An account should reflect off the bankruptcy that you have filed. For example if you have Bank of America as aprt of a chapter 11 then it should reflect the 11. If Wells Fargo was filed with a 7 then it should reflect a chapter 7. However I am not fmailiar with business bankruptcy's which are chapter 11's.

On the collection account, eben though ti is involved in a bankruptcy, the old creditor can sell the account to a new creditor. There is nothing that you can dispute about it. A collection account will fall off the report, I can not remember if it's 7 or 10 years. Always go by the bk filing date.

ON your last question there is nothing wrong with it.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.