Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Exclusion Bankruptcy

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Early Exclusion Bankruptcy

Hi MyFico community,,

New to the community but must confess I have learned so darn much. I want to share my experience re: EE chapter 7 Bankruptcy with TransUnion.

A week ago (May 30, 2018), I called TU to kindly request an EE on a chapter 7 bankruptcy that per TU CR was due to fall off December of 2018. They told me that they cannot do the EE but would help me dispute it reason being that it has been on too long. I explained to the Rep that I was not disputing, rather asking for an Early Exclusion. His words were, "same thing"..

I called couple days later requesting an update on the dispute. The outcome was accurate and verified. The Rep told me that per law it cannot come off until the due date given, Dec 2018.

I continued to read here in the forums of success stories. I got the courage to try again. Same explanation from the new Rep. Again, disputing eventhough I stated that i was not disputing rather "beginning" the an EE.

I phoned them today and a lovely Rep answered. I asked her for a status update on the BK dispute and she replied, "what BK". OMG. She then told me that effective today, it has been removed from my report. She can see it in previous reports but no longer on the update TU report. She told me that i would receive somehting in writing in the mail within a couple days. 

Took me two tries. I wanted to post this to give others hope. Do not give up. Keep on trying. 

POPA FCU cc 4k

CAP1 400

DISCO 9k

JETBLUE 4k

AMEX ED 1k

PAYPAL 2k

WALMART 3k

CARE CREDIT 9.6k

prior to deletion of BK ***670** across the board. 

will receive updates on scores tomorrow through DISCO and CREDIT WISE

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

Re: Early Exclusion Bankruptcy

Congrats!

Please let us know how FICO score changes when the bankruptcy comes off.

Guyatthebeach

Message 2 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got EE on my TU as well (6 months out), and my TU went up 109 points and sitting at 791.

Message 3 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Liberating huh?

At 3 months our EX should drop your BK and EQ at 1 month. I tried numerous times early with both and no luck. As soon as those 3 & 1 month our dates rolled, I had clean CR! My EQ just fell off this week...I feel like such a weight has lifted.
Message 4 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

awesome i am waiting on my scores.

Message 5 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrat brother.. it is liberating. i feel great.!!!

Message 6 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is awesome!  Mine should fall off on 3/19 and I am thinking of asking for the EE as well.

I think I will wait until 9/1 to ask since that will be 6 months out and see what happens.

What are you scores now?

Message 7 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do those 2 roll off on their own at those times? (3 and 1 month) Or did you have to initiate it?

Thanks!

Message 8 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I'm back to answer my own question! lol Well, partly....

BK and anything related just off my TU report, on it's own without me initiating it, at 4 months from official fall off date.

Would be nice if the other 2 do the same, we will see!

Message 9 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, I'm back to answer my own question! lol Well, partly....

BK and anything related just off my TU report, on it's own without me initiating it, at 4 months from official fall off date.

Would be nice if the other 2 do the same, we will see!

Curious to know how your score changed.

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.