Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax 25 point drop but no changes?

tag
2b2rich
Established Contributor

Equifax 25 point drop but no changes?

I know there must have been a change somewhere, but I’m not seeing one.  There have been no monitoring alerts since February. There is only one thing that I see, and it makes no sense that it would cause this, but one of my previous creditors appears to be updating the IIB status every month, and its showing the last update on EQ as April 2020.  My discharge was January 7, 2020, 3 months ago. Now my EQ has gone from a recovering 620, to 595.  Again, no alert that the creditor had updated and no alert that my score had tanked 25 points. 

Anyone have this happen before?

Chapter 7 Discharged & Closed Jan 2020
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Equifax 25 point drop but no changes?

Where you seeing this? CK?

Message 2 of 6
2b2rich
Established Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Where you seeing this? CK?

sorry, should have noted that its  MyFico scores.

Message 3 of 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Could be something other than that, Some times MyFICO will show +/_ certain points. But when you do your 3B pull. Thats when you see it. I've had it for 4 yrs. Usually what happens. So when you pull the next round. Check it out then.

Message 4 of 6
2b2rich
Established Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Could be something other than that, Some times MyFICO will show +/_ certain points. But when you do your 3B pull. Thats when you see it. I've had it for 4 yrs. Usually what happens. So when you pull the next round. Check it out then.

Well, that's what happen.  I was looking on the MyFico app and it showed the 620 for EQ (my last report (middle of Feb) also shows the 620).  I had another free report so I pulled it and that's when I saw the 595.  When I looked at scores again on the app, it showed 595 with (-25) next to score change. 

Just weird since there has been no notifications (or changes that I have seen) on EQ, but I am comparing the two reports now. 

Message 5 of 6
2b2rich
Established Contributor

Ok, this is the only difference I could really see between the two reports:

I have a small overdraft/loc not IIB that I would at times use a small amount to keep it active and then pay it off.  Up until this month, it has been reporting postive activity, then this month, all of the OKs have been replaced with NRs only on EQ.  Did that just wipe out two years of positive credit history?  Would that do it?  Will that hopefully correct the next time it's reported? (I can transfer $20 so it will report again next month?).

I don't see anything else.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.