cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax not reporting a year old bankruptcy?

tag
jpd36282
Established Member

Equifax not reporting a year old bankruptcy?

I don't see my 1 year old Bankruptcy in my public record when I pulled my report from annualcreditreport.com for equifax? What's strange though is my credit cards that were discharged are all there with no amounts and no notations either just a 30,60,90 day late payments right before I filed.

I have only one account on equifax showing as a charge off that needs to be corrected, should I bother disputing this account to remove the charge off?

Are there any credit cards that I can apply to that use equifax only that I can use to rebuild my credit?

Thanks

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Equifax not reporting a year old bankruptcy?

Welcome @jpd36282 Do you happen to have a Credit karma account to make sure there is nothing listed under public records? Click the derog accounts.

Message 2 of 8
jpd36282
Established Member

Credit karma doesn't show it either but I thought that was only vantage score info. I'm looking at the credit report directly from equifax.... hmmm

Message 3 of 8
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

To confirm, EQ shows no indication of a BK? What does EX and TU show?

Generally, if you are REALLY lucky, the IIBs report accordingly with no public record. That in itself is extremely rare though. I have geard of a few instances of it happening. However, to have no public record OR accounts showing IIB is basically unheard of. Very odd. 

What are your current FICO scores? If the BK is truly not there, you should see a significant difference even with the 30/60/90 lates. 

Message 4 of 8
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@jpd36282 wrote:

Credit karma doesn't show it either but I thought that was only vantage score info. I'm looking at the credit report directly from equifax.... hmmm

CK is good for looking at reports and alerts. Asked for a second look to make sure it wasnt there either. This is rare like @Tuscani said. Seen it before. BK's are reported to the CRA's from a third party and maybe it didnt go on your report. But dont think because applying for credit only on EQ will be a 100% approval. Many creditors check Lexis Nexus and I'm sure its there.

Message 5 of 8
jpd36282
Established Member

The other reports are showing the bankruptcy under public records section, credit karma also doesn't show it on my public records/derogratories section for Equifax. Hmm not sure what to do about it. It doesn't seem to be affecting the credit score any different as it's the middle score of the 3 right now.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey same here. I will be two years post dc in March and my bk never reflected on my EQ cr. I’ve had a great deal of luck with PenFed because it’s the only cr they pull.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here. Equifax doesn't report my BK but the other CRA do. It disappeared after my BK DC in 11/19.  I confirmed by pulling a new report and no public record. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.