Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax........really?!!?!?!?!

tag
dledo
New Contributor

Equifax........really?!!?!?!?!

So I submitted a dispute with equifax regarding an old repo from 2011 on 9/24/2016.  I filed a Chapter 7 and was discharged on 9/15/2016.  When I submitted this dispute I also included a copy of my discharge letter.  I just got back in my email that a decision was made on 9/29/2016.  I figure 5 days, they must have fixed it due to the fact I had my proof of discharge.....NOPE....said it was verified with creditor.  So they are still reporting 12k balance.  Any advise or words of encouragment, this whole process is driving me crazy!!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Equifax........really?!!?!?!?!

It took a couple of weeks to fall off of my TU report in a similar situation. 

Message 2 of 5
Scupra
Super Contributor

Ask the creditor to fix and if they refuse file CFPB complaint. Good luck!
Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for this!  I disputed 9/20 on a repo, and so far there has been no response from the creditor.  I've been curious about what will happen if they don't respond at all, or the opposite happens.  This is helpful.  My other disputes cleared right up within a week of the dispute, causing an (Equifax at least) score bump of 27 points!

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I feel your pain. I sent in written disputes with documentation to each CB, and I still have an issue with each one and various creditors on each. It's so stupid. I finally sent them a written letter with the same proof I sent the CBs asking them to update it. So hopefully they will.... This is like my 4th time. UGH!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.