cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ex says my 2010 BK7 will "soon be removed"?

tag
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Ex says my 2010 BK7 will "soon be removed"?

I have a monitoring service directly with Experian, and while logged in today I noticed this message:

"Your public record with US BKPT CT AZ TUCSON will soon be removed"

I filed in Sept. 2010, discharged Jan. 2011. I understand a BK7 stays on your credit report for 10 years, and the earliest you can request early removal is maybe 6-9 months before the 10 year date. Does EX actually remove a BK7 this early, or is this just credit reporting nonsense? Probably so, and dang them for getting my hopes up. Smiley Frustrated

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Ex says my 2010 BK7 will "soon be removed"?

I filed in 2009 and have no such lucky note on EX. I'm going to watch this post closely. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I looked at Ex and I stand corrected. It says the same thing. HmmSmiley Indifferent

Message 3 of 7
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

I looked at Ex and I stand corrected. It says the same thing. HmmSmiley Indifferent

Let's both keep our fingers crossed! Smiley LOL

Me EX service also says 1 inquiry will be soon removed and that is accurate, due to fall off in April.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fingers crossed for you both! 

Message 5 of 7
jim44
Established Contributor

DaveInAZ,  IMHO I think this is an auto response from Experian and a very bad one.  Kind of cruel to get your hopes up if this isn't true.  My discharge was in August 2010 and I don't expect my BK to fall off any CB until 6-9 months prior as you've stated.  I have had a couple IIB accts fall off 6 months early from 7 years... Transunion at first and then Equifax and Experian.  I think when Experian says "soon" they mean around June of 2020.  My CS is in the mid 700's even with my CH7 on my reports,  it's going to be nice to see my reports "derogatory free" in a little over a year and a half.  I hope your message from Experian will be correct!!

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is interesting bc when  I was talking to a bk lawyer he said that it would stay on my report for 8yrs and I thought it was 10 but apparently they are seeing them come off reports at 8. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.