cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian Sucks

Estimate your FICO® Score range for free

FICO® Score Estimator

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Established Member

Experian Sucks

Caution disputing with Experian. My BK7 was discharged but a past account was not updated as IIB and the Experian refused to update the account after my first dispute. Therefore I attached documents and called to re-dispute. Experian then updated every account as BK7 discharged which caused every past account to become derogatory. To make it worse if I reapply with any bank it looks bad because now no closed account shows "paid/closed" but status as "discharged in BK7" which so far resulted in Wells Fargo Secured denial.

This might belong elsewhere

Rebuild commenced 6/2018
FICO 8s:
6/2018 TU575 EX550 EQ535
10/2018 TU551 EX583 EQ598
Credit Cards (First Premier MC - $1000) (Lend Up Visa - $300) (Blaze MC $1500) (Self Builder Loan $525)
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Senior Contributor

Re: Experian Sucks

If they were part of your BK . They are listed correctly as IIB and all must have balance as 0. The one account if it was part of the BK should have the same info. If not dispute that. Otherwise from what you posted it's showing as it should be.

My posts are JMHO. I DO NOT claim to be a FICO expert. Just sharing my experiences from rebuild to recovery after BK DC. My siggy is not to brag at all. Just to show fellow members what can be accomplished when you do it right and play the FICO Credit Game.
Message 2 of 3
Valued Member

Re: Experian Sucks

Unfortunately, that is how they report on the accounts post-bk.  

There are a couple of things to be on the look out for though.  First is the Status Date.  CRA's have a tendency to update this date when they change something as a result of the dispute.  I have made it clear in my disputes that this date should reflect the discharge date and not be changed because something was corrected.  This happened and caused a 20 point drop in one of my scores because it looked like the BK had just happened (in my case, 9/2018 as opposed to 8/2016).  

Second, and I am disputing this with Experien now, is they are showing a 'Negative' on the payment history on the month the filing or discharge occurred.  From my understanding, this is against the FCRA.  They are not supposed to report any payment history data after you file (since there won't be any).  This is causing the "worst late" field on my accounts IIB to show as Charge Off.  CRA's are required to report: zero balance and included in BK.  

Good luck on the disputes and keep an eye out on these couple of items.

08/2016 - BK 7 - Filing
11/2016 - BK7 - DC
08/2019 - EQ716 // EX709 // TU687 (FICO8)
NFCU GoRewards (Unsecured) - $11,500 (Auto graduated 12/2017, CLI +$3K 8/2018)
USAA Platinum (Unsecured) - $21,000 (CLI 1K to 3K 1/2018, CLI +$6.5K 8/2018, +9.5K 8/2019)
USAA Cash Rewards (Secured) - $5,000
Nordstrom Retail Card (Unsecured) - $800 (CLI +$300 7/2018)
Credit One (Unsecured) - $1000
Amazon Store Card (Unsecured) - $3,800 12/2018
Chase Sapphire Reserve - Auth user (Unsecured) - $30,500 3/2019
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.