Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian far lower after BK7

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian far lower after BK7

Hi. I actually have a lot of questions, but I wanted to start here. I saw the TU question regarding a lower score after BK, but mine is Experian at 593 with TU 655 and EQ 673. Fico 8 from Discover is 591 from TU data and Fico 9 from WF 518.

My BK 7 was discharged in May. I was approved for Credit One, Indigo and Discover Secured in June. Cap 1, Citi, Synchrony and Commenity were IIB and with what I have read here the last few months I haven’t tried with them. I have tried with Chase and receive notice that it’s due to recent missed payments and this confuses me as well... if my history is cleared, all accounts closed and reported as such, why am I showing late accounts? Is that why my score is so low with some? Is there something I’m missing?

All 3 open cards are current with no missed payments. And actually, I never missed payments on my accounts in bankruptcy but was told to stop paying on them when I filed at the end of January and so a few of them show a 30 day on the history for Feb. but not all of them and some of them have no history at all.

Just trying to make sure I know what to fix and what is standard.

Thank you all so much in advance, I’ve learned quite a bit here.
3 REPLIES 3
audio-disabled
Regular Contributor

Re: Experian far lower after BK7

My suggestion will be pull a credit report and review everything. If anything comes up inaccurate to you, you need to dispute them.

However, if you have had any late payments BEFORE bankruptcy, they are accurate and you have no reasons to dispute them.

If you filed for bankruptcy and they start to appear as late payment after the fact, you need to dispute this and have them report accurately as IIB and closed.

$5000 Barclay Apple Visa | $4500 CapitalOne Platinum | $6000 SL CapitalOne VentureOne | $10K SL PenFed Pathfinder | $3500 Wells Fargo Platinum | $9500 BECU Visa
Goals: Grow scores into 700s
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. That’s what I was wondering. They are reporting late after the filing and this seemed incorrect. I checked all 3 credit reports and only EX is reporting the lates for the same month or the month after I filed. All other reports show no history for all accounts IIB.
Message 3 of 4
audio-disabled
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thank you. That’s what I was wondering. They are reporting late after the filing and this seemed incorrect. I checked all 3 credit reports and only EX is reporting the lates for the same month or the month after I filed. All other reports show no history for all accounts IIB.

That's exactly where you need to dispute this inaccurate reporting. Your scores will come up into appropriate range as your two other scores.

$5000 Barclay Apple Visa | $4500 CapitalOne Platinum | $6000 SL CapitalOne VentureOne | $10K SL PenFed Pathfinder | $3500 Wells Fargo Platinum | $9500 BECU Visa
Goals: Grow scores into 700s
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.