Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian report showing "negative" remark on BK discharged debt

tag
sihmud
Regular Contributor

Experian report showing "negative" remark on BK discharged debt

Hello everyone,

i recently noticed that my experian score is drastically lower then EQ and TU. as i looked through the report i noticed that the credit cards i discharged in my CHP 7 are showing including in CHP 7 as they should, however, they show as a "NEGATIVE DEROG" i was never late with these specific accounts. when i filed CHP 7 i was current on the cards. this is only showing on EXP. is this how it should be showing or is something wrong and i need to dispute?

I noticed that some accounts that i was late on years ago show "unkown payment history". not sure if thats how they all should show

when i go to dispute it on experian it shows "never" late but on the actual report it shows "potentially Negative"

3 REPLIES 3
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Re: Experian report showing "negative" remark on BK discharged debt

@sihmud wrote:

Hello everyone,

i recently noticed that my experian score is drastically lower then EQ and TU. as i looked through the report i noticed that the credit cards i discharged in my CHP 7 are showing including in CHP 7 as they should, however, they show as a "NEGATIVE DEROG" i was never late with these specific accounts. when i filed CHP 7 i was current on the cards. this is only showing on EXP. is this how it should be showing or is something wrong and i need to dispute?

I noticed that some accounts that i was late on years ago show "unkown payment history". not sure if thats how they all should show

when i go to dispute it on experian it shows "never" late but on the actual report it shows "potentially Negative"

You have me confused. 

Are the accounts that were not late prior to the BK showing late payments or just the  CMS "flagging" them as potentially negative? 

If it is just a CMS flag there is nothing to dispute as accounts included in BK are negative accounts.

Message 2 of 4
sihmud
Regular Contributor

@dragontears wrote:

@sihmud wrote:

Hello everyone,

You have me confused. 

Are the accounts that were not late prior to the BK showing late payments or just the  CMS "flagging" them as potentially negative? 

If it is just a CMS flag there is nothing to dispute as accounts included in BK are negative accounts.

It's showing derogatory for the month I filed bk on Experian.  But on TU and EQ it shows closed never late 

Message 3 of 4
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@sihmud wrote:

Hello everyone,

Anything included in BK will show negative. They got burned. If the payment history is gone that had lates. Why would you want them to show up? Move on and enjoy your financial freedom I say. The hit to your scores from the BK over rules anything else.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.