cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian reporting 90 days late after Ch 7 Discharge - Never Late

mblara

Experian reporting 90 days late after Ch 7 Discharge - Never Late

Hello!
My Chapter 7 discharge was August 2016. Ch 7 was due to medical bills so when I filed the 5 credit cards I had were all current and never had been late. This morning I checked my credit report on myFico and Experian is now showing 90 days late on 8/2016 on 3 of the closed accounts and 90 days late on 5/2016 on the other 2 closed cards. Does tha sound right? I went on the Experian website but it isn’t showing the 90 days late yet so am unable to dispute. Is this something I can dispute? The accounts do say ‘includes in discharge’ and ‘derogatory,’ but thought it was strange my report now shows 5 late payments for over 90 days 2 years ago when nothing was ever late.

Thanks in advance!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
kiea
Frequent Contributor

Re: Experian reporting 90 days late after Ch 7 Discharge - Never Late

Experian is pretty good with things like this if you call them.  The representative will look at your credit report while you are on the phone and if you can prove to them the lates were reported incorrectly (which should be easy if they lates occurred after your file date) they will adjust it in a day.  

I know because I had the same issue.   Try calling the customer service department so someone can look into it.

Message 2 of 3
mblara

Re: Experian reporting 90 days late after Ch 7 Discharge - Never Late

Thank you so much! I will give them a call!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.