Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian reporting inaccurate info

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian reporting inaccurate info

I'm finally ready to give a break down of my DC BK 7. Without my sad story of why I'm here (which actually is a doozy)

Filed 7/31/19

MOC 8/29/19

DOC 10/31/19

DC Closed 11/4/19

FICO Scores EX-570, EQ-562, TU-523

I burned:

Capitol One- Plantinum, QS, Auto Loan

Credit One- (2 cards)

Synchrony- Amazon, Walmart, Lowes, Reeds

Lending Club

Prosper

Amex- Platinum, Delta Sky Miles, Blue Cash, 

Continental Finance

First Premier- (2 cards)

NFCU- Platinum, LOC

Discover

and of course the IRS

As of today I have one auto loan (less than a month) 1 CC (less than a month) and 1 AU for NTB issued by CitiBank open and current for 22 yrs. 

I made my first auto loan payment 2 weeks earlier than the due date for $300 more than the monthly payment. I plan to do so from here on out to pay it off faster. 

I did a 3B report thru Experian (checktotal) and Lending Club is reporting a Charge off actually 2 on 11/19 not IIB on the Experian report. The TL is accurate on TU and EQ. I disputed the inaccuracies on Experian and the investigation only lasted 4 days and came back with the same result. I emailed my attorney, and his response was once the BK is over that terminates our business. Sooo, I called Lending Club and got the run around with no answer and they referred me to the CA whom the account was purchased. I called the CA and their response was they haven't reported anything and not sure why LC is telling me to call them. 😩😮 So, I called LC AGAIN and was not able to make any headway. 
What should be my next steps?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Experian reporting inaccurate info

File a complaint with the CFPB. Include your DC paper, the schedule of all creditors listed in your BK highligted, and a copy of the infraction on your present reports and go from there. Since you already filed a dispute with the CRA. If which is highly inlikely they dont fix it. You can file a complaint and recieve a $1000 reward plus court costs and attorney fees with a consumer finance lawyer. That sucks the BK lawyer slammed the door in your face.

Message 2 of 8
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

That's a 🍆 move by the BK attorney. Guess people should start asking what after-discharge support is provided when hiring an attorney. I would tell him he needs to handle it because the debts are still affecting you after discharge.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks FireMedic1. I was hoping for you to respond. I will get right on that. I found a consumer law attorney in my area. Just waiting to hear back. 
Also, I'm assuming I should garden for a while since I have 2 CC and an installment loan?

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I may give him a call on Monday and see what happens. Major disappointment though.

Message 5 of 8
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks FireMedic1. I was hoping for you to respond. I will get right on that. I found a consumer law attorney in my area. Just waiting to hear back. 
Also, I'm assuming I should garden for a while since I have 2 CC and an installment loan?

Yep for about 6 months. Then start peeking around the prequals for Disco, TD bank and so forth.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks FireMedic1. Keep ya posted on any further developments on the inaccurate TL. 

Message 7 of 8
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Of course. Please do. Good Luck!!!!!!!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.