Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian reporting late payments after BK7

tag
pat0812
Regular Contributor

Experian reporting late payments after BK7

So I stopped making payments on most of my credit cards 2-3 months before filling for BK7

Equifax and Transunion don't show late payments for those 2-3 months, doesnt show any payment history actually and just mentions including in BK7

Experian however is reporting payment history and those 2-3 months late on each account

Is that something common with Experian ?

Any way to remove those late payments from experian ?

FICO 8's EX 770 EQ 751 TU 771 (1/16/17)
Amex Gold Premier rewards ( Charge Card)
Amex Blue cash - $47,800 Wells Fargo - $15,000 Citibank Simplicity - $13,800 Barclays Apple - $13,000 Walmart Mastercard - $8000 Chase Slate - $7,200 Discover It - $5,500 Capital One - $5,250
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Re: Experian reporting late payments after BK7

Any late payments that were incurred before filing are accurate.
Sounds like EX is reporting correctly and TU and EQ are reporting incorrectly.
Your reports will go through some crazy changes during BK, which is why it is recommended to wait until 30 days after discharge before getting reports to be correct
Message 2 of 8
pat0812
Regular Contributor

I'm 10 months past discharge

How long will those 3 month late payments affect my score heavily ?

FICO 8's EX 770 EQ 751 TU 771 (1/16/17)
Amex Gold Premier rewards ( Charge Card)
Amex Blue cash - $47,800 Wells Fargo - $15,000 Citibank Simplicity - $13,800 Barclays Apple - $13,000 Walmart Mastercard - $8000 Chase Slate - $7,200 Discover It - $5,500 Capital One - $5,250
Message 3 of 8
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Those three lates won't affect your score nearly as much as the actual BK itself. But depending on whether they're 30/60 or 90 day lates, they'll impact a bit differently. 30/60 will impact for two years (but still remain on CR for all seven years), and 90 day lates will impact for all seven years.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 4 of 8
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@pat0812 wrote:

I'm 10 months past discharge

How long will those 3 month late payments affect my score heavily ?

Just the same as if you didnt file BK. Anything before the file date sticks as mentioned above.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I check my reports every month and now, after I just went through clearing some old stuff off of my reports, specifically Experian, they are reporting the same stuff I just disputed two months ago that they removed.  A never ending circle of caacaa.  :/

Message 6 of 8
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Sometimes if you dispute accurate info. They will remove it until their investigation is over. If its accurate. Back it comes. And in some cases it can ding your reorts for being updated. Not a good practice. If its inaccurate. Go to the source that enters the info to the CRA's instead.

Message 7 of 8
Malike
Established Member

All 3 are reporting that I have 30+ days late on all of my accounts that were IIB but I never missed a single payment. When I look at my credit breakdown on myfico everything is very good but my payment history which was never a day late. Unfortunately, that makes up 35% of the score so I guess I just have to eat it. Sucks when they get it wrong too.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.