Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO REPORTING LATE PAYMENTS AFTER BANKRUPTCY DISCHARGE

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FICO REPORTING LATE PAYMENTS AFTER BANKRUPTCY DISCHARGE

its showing the letter N on my reports in March 2018, which is triggering on My fico section to 7 late/degorotory indicators for 30 days and 60 days .  The reports are correct. Its the way My fico is reporting. Which is triggering my payment history to 71% which is bringin my score down lol.  So when you call my fico, they see it and say that is just the way it is.  So i asked them if I would have stopped making payments what would have happen , and the guy at my fico said  then instead of 7 ( number accts i included in bankruptcy ) that number would be higher and my pament history would be lower lol and i probably would have never notice it , except I made all payments up to the date I filed.  So to find out if this is the case if you have a copy of your credit report count your lates and see if they match my fico ( if you have it ) lol.  I appreciate they help

Message 11 of 15
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

myFico does not report anything all it does is take info from the CRAs and crunch a number. It may have its own interpretations of info onfile at a CRA and display it as such but its not the one reporting any of the information.
Message 12 of 15
robleewent

I am reading and this thinking “story of my life!” I filed BK in December 2016. I made all payments with NO late or missed payments. All 3 bureaus are showing that the 5 accounts included in the BK are “included in chapter 7 bankruptcy/never late”. But in the 24 month payment history, they ALL have a negative indicator in December 2016. I disputed these all 2-3 times now with each bureau. One lender actually was nice enough to call me. They said they have been doing this for 15 years and they aren’t sure why it shows as a late payment. They say that the software forces them to put a date in or they get an error when submitting the updated credit file. They said the date is usually a month/year and sometimes specific date is allowed. They said that they used the date they received notification the account was declared in bankruptcy status. They further explained this date is required so that in 7 or 10 years that negative action can purge out. This then causes a negative result on a score because of a public record as bankruptcy and then the person is double slammed because it’s showing as a negative on every single account included. The lender tried and tried to correct this and said they can’t figure it out. My vantage credit karma, and many other vantage score self-monitoring for experian, equifax and TU are all showing 5 recent missed payments. (1 in Dec 2016 for each account) My FICO is showing 6. I have to find this new 6th account. So far, I cannot get anyone to fix this. FICO actually showed 6 30+ and 6 60+! That’s insane. It’s killing my score Smiley Sad
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I filed BK Dec 2017 due to a really bad business deal.  My chapter 7 discharge was February 2018.  I had a vehicle lease.  I was current on the lease at filing time and discharge time.  I returned the lease at the advice of my atty. after I obtained a company car from a new job.  Not a peep out of any of the creditors... until 18 months later .... On October 26, 2019 Ally financial reported to Experian 22 late payments (which was wrong even if they could report that) past 120 days.

I called them and they automatically routed my call to their BK division from just my Soc#. 

I asked why now?  They said they could not take money from me during BK but they could now..... basically credit reporting BLACKMAIL. 

I disputed it on Experian, still pending.  I escalated it and spoke with a lady named Casey who claimed she was their duty to report to credit agencies as I signed a lease.. I explained the obvious (BK discharge!) and she kept saying no where in the BK code does it say they cannot report negative post discharge even if the lease was signed over a year BEFORE BK let a alone a discharge.  CASEY was belitting and rude.  I told her to expect a lawsuit and she laughed!

I had my attorney write a letter threatening lawsuit and fines and fees, just three days gone by now....

I would like to know if there are similar situated people and get a class action lawsuit going against Ally for corruption, cohersion and fraud.  They are harassing vulnerable people via credit reports and appear to be willing to take money to not report (I got too mad to play the game to that point, I wished I had a better smoking gun).

AGAIN, any attorneys wanting to do a class action for this on consignment?  The punitive damages could be huge if it could be proven that they did this intentionally (pretty easy to prove based on Casey's attitude).. 

The irony is that Ally filed for BK in 2009 or 2010 themselves!

Message 14 of 15
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I filed BK Dec 2017 due to a really bad business deal.  My chapter 7 discharge was February 2018.  I had a vehicle lease.  I was current on the lease at filing time and discharge time.  I returned the lease at the advice of my atty. after I obtained a company car from a new job.  Not a peep out of any of the creditors... until 18 months later .... On October 26, 2019 Ally financial reported to Experian 22 late payments (which was wrong even if they could report that) past 120 days.

I called them and they automatically routed my call to their BK division from just my Soc#. 

I asked why now?  They said they could not take money from me during BK but they could now..... basically credit reporting BLACKMAIL. 

I disputed it on Experian, still pending.  I escalated it and spoke with a lady named Casey who claimed she was their duty to report to credit agencies as I signed a lease.. I explained the obvious (BK discharge!) and she kept saying no where in the BK code does it say they cannot report negative post discharge even if the lease was signed over a year BEFORE BK let a alone a discharge.  CASEY was belitting and rude.  I told her to expect a lawsuit and she laughed!

I had my attorney write a letter threatening lawsuit and fines and fees, just three days gone by now....

I would like to know if there are similar situated people and get a class action lawsuit going against Ally for corruption, cohersion and fraud.  They are harassing vulnerable people via credit reports and appear to be willing to take money to not report (I got too mad to play the game to that point, I wished I had a better smoking gun).

AGAIN, any attorneys wanting to do a class action for this on consignment?  The punitive damages could be huge if it could be proven that they did this intentionally (pretty easy to prove based on Casey's attitude).. 

The irony is that Ally filed for BK in 2009 or 2010 themselves!

Should be an easy win. No creditor can list any negative info on your reports after the file date. Period.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.