Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FINALLY, Discharged!!!

tag
Pharoe33
Regular Contributor

FINALLY, Discharged!!!

Today I checked pacer and to my suprise found a document signed by my Trustee and dated for today 7/16/2018 granting me a discharge under section 727 of title 11, United States Bankruptcy Code! My last date to for creditors to file objection to discharge was 7/9/2018.

This has been a long journey and I'm so thankful that the filing and waiting for discharge part is over. The true journey however just begins with a rebuild and goal of earning excellent credit.

I thank everyone for their advice, post and all helpful information. I also want to tell those on the fence to definetly speak to more than one attorney. Believe it or not I went to three attorneys here in Atlanta and was told I couldn't qualify for a Chapter 7 and would only qualify for a 13. I waited 2 months before I found my attorney who did his research and saw that I did indeed qualify for a Chapter 7.

Timeline

Filed: 4/9/2018

341 Meeting: 5/10/2018

Discharged: 7/16/2018

Starting Fico 8 scores:

EX: 475

TU:506

EQ:479

Discharge Fico 8 Scores:

EX: 641

TU: 639

EQ: 631

Prior to Discharge I did apply for 2 cards, 1 securd Discover IT and 1 Captiol One Card in which I were approved for both. I also began disputing minor errors on my report. Many of the IIB accounts were deleted during the dispute while others fell off on their own.  My goal now is to secure an Auto loan once my credit report updates to discharged. Fingers crossed that Capitol One will help me out.

16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FINALLY, Discharged!!!

Congratulations!  I'm super happy for you. My own discharge from BK was last Wednesday. It's such a GREAT feeling to finally be past that point.

Message 2 of 17
Pharoe33
Regular Contributor

Thank You! It's definitely an amazing feeling.

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pharoe33 wrote:

Today I checked pacer and to my suprise found a document signed by my Trustee and dated for today 7/16/2018 granting me a discharge under section 727 of title 11, United States Bankruptcy Code! My last date to for creditors to file objection to discharge was 7/9/2018.

This has been a long journey and I'm so thankful that the filing and waiting for discharge part is over. The true journey however just begins with a rebuild and goal of earning excellent credit.

I thank everyone for their advice, post and all helpful information. I also want to tell those on the fence to definetly speak to more than one attorney. Believe it or not I went to three attorneys here in Atlanta and was told I couldn't qualify for a Chapter 7 and would only qualify for a 13. I waited 2 months before I found my attorney who did his research and saw that I did indeed qualify for a Chapter 7.

Timeline

Filed: 4/9/2018

341 Meeting: 5/10/2018

Discharged: 7/16/2018

Starting Fico 8 scores:

EX: 475

TU:506

EQ:479

Discharge Fico 8 Scores:

EX: 641

TU: 639

EQ: 631

Prior to Discharge I did apply for 2 cards, 1 securd Discover IT and 1 Captiol One Card in which I were approved for both. I also began disputing minor errors on my report. Many of the IIB accounts were deleted during the dispute while others fell off on their own.  My goal now is to secure an Auto loan once my credit report updates to discharged. Fingers crossed that Capitol One will help me out.

Hooray, OP! Smiley Happy

May I suggest that you look into getting a third secured card? It is a known fact on the forums that 3 cards are needed for an optimal Fico score. 

If you would like me to suggest one to you, please tell me the lenders you included in your BK. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 17
Pharoe33
Regular Contributor

Update:

Now that im discharged and all reports reflect discharge my scores are now:

Fico 8 EX: 665

Fico 8 TU: 675

Fico 8 EQ: 641

I applied through Capitol One Auto Navigator and didn't get my usual instant denial but instead recieved a message saying they're reviewing my app and will contact me in 2-3 business days. Has anyone recieved this message?

Message 5 of 17
fungirl2018
Valued Member

CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU.

Message 6 of 17
TermsAndConditions
Established Member

Salute to you!!

I'm just now beginning the process of my BK and nervous as s&it. Looking forward to my financial reboot. Again congratulations!!  

EX: 560 2013 EX: 686 2014
EQ: 548 2013 EQ: 669 2014
TU: 572 2013 TU: 614 2014 (Not sure why this hasn't caught up like the others)
Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your discharge! 

Message 8 of 17
Pharoe33
Regular Contributor

Thank You! I'm strongly considering putting 1,000 dollars towards an Open Sky secure card to put me at 3 cards. I was told by someone recently that Kay Jeweler and Jared are post BK friendly if you didn't burn them. I haven't tried them but am sort of tempted.

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's great! Open Sky accepts everyone, but I suggest opening 3 secured cards; the Jewelers cards can help, but do you really need them. The answer to the question depends on whether you burned most of the big lenders in your BK.
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.