Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filed BK7 Today, with Updates

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Filed BK7 Today, with Updates

Making this post to document my journey through BK7 as well as asking some questions.

10/14/2019 My DW and I had an appointment this morning with our attorney and filled out all of the paperwork. Our attorney and case manager both said we should be filed through the court by middle of next week. Overall it went smoothly. Our case will be a “no asset” case. I will list creditors burned below as well as fico scores. We have roughly 50k in unsecured credit card debt and about 80k in medical debt from one of our kids having 2 major surgeries within 6 weeks of each other.

My scores pre-filing
EX 8 - 506 from Discover Scorecard
TU 8 - 489
EQ 8 - 496

Wife’s scores pre-filing
EX 8 - 443 from Discover Scorecard
TU 8 - 472
EQ 8 - 455

Creditors Burned:
NFCU (Just me, not DW)
Cap 1
AMEX
Citi
USAA
Syncrony
Comenity
Discover (just my wife)
Target (just me)

I’m hoping I can get DW into NFCU after this is done. She was only an authorized user on one card of mine. Anyone know if she could? I know I wouldn’t be able to unless I paid them back.

I have accounts set up and waiting at Penfed, SDFCU, and DCU, so that I can try to get in with them after a year or two.

I have student loans so there will be no need for me to get a loan after DC. I’m thinking my 3 cards will be Disco, Cap 1, and SDFCU secured.

DW will hopefully get Cap 1, NFCU secured (if she can), and Target.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Filed BK7 Today

Sorry it had to come down to filing. But the laws were set for a fresh start and a new begining for us BK'ers. You just filed and many things are going to happen over the next 3-4 months. Let the system play out and see where your scores land up to 30 days after DC. Your plan looks good for now. Just dont put the cart before the horse. First things first. And dont app until the DC is final so you can see where your scores will be to start the rebuild. Good Luck!

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update

Had the 341 this morning. I timed it. From the time my name was called to the time the trustee said, “that’s all I have, good luck” was 3 minutes and 54 seconds. I had read on here that it was quick but I didn’t expect that quick.

I haven’t seen any progress on PACER in a while but I hope it’ll update within a day or so.

Almost every creditor has dropped off of my credit report. Cap 1 and Comenity are still there. I’m sure they’ll drop sometime soon. I’m just anxious to see how it’ll effect my scores with no debt showing.

Something to note... I had 2 Navy Fed cards that were included in my BK. They have completely been erased... this includes the lates as well. I wonder if it will stay like that.
Message 3 of 4
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

It will take up to 30 days for everything to update on your credit reports. There will be all kinds of movement and updates as the DC is completed. So its too son speculate what your reports will look like once its all said and done for now.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.