Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filed Ch 7

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Filed Ch 7

Hello,
Earlier this month, I filed chapter 7 BK. I met with my attorney and started the paperwork. After my meeting, I felt better about filing. I’ve completed my two debtor education courses and my 341 is schedule for next month. I’m excited to start off fresh and reading this forum, I’m doing things differently.

IIB where my BOA cash rewards, AMEX BCE, Discover, Citibank TY, Old Navy (Synchrony), Walker credit, Barclay Arrival, Barclay Carnival, and Barclay Apple Rewards. It hurts bc my main bank was BOA and I liked Amex and discover and I know I’m blacklisted from them. Because BOA is IIB, my attorney advised me to close my BOA to avoid BOA freezing my checking/savings account.

I closed my BOA and opened a Chase checking/savings. I wish I didn’t open the chase checking bc my dad let me use his DD214 to open an acct with NFCU. NFCU will be my primary acct. Once I’m discharged in October, I’m going to wait at least 2-3 weeks after discharge (bc some inquires will fall off by then) and apply for the NFCU secured card (I heard NFCU is Bk friendly and their secured card graduates into an unsecured one after several months of on time payments). Chase and One Nevada CU will be my secondary banks.

Along with my NFCU secured credit, I want to get the One Nevada Secured card but after reviewing the terms and benefits, NFCU is a better choice. Now what I will say abt One Nevada is there credit builder loans is a great option that I’ve used in the past and will do so again after my discharge. My concern is this. My attorney has set me up on a payment plan where I pay their fees for 10 months and they report to the credit bureau every month. Would it be beneficial for me to do plus a credit builder loan out and secured card or just my attorney fees payment plan and my secured card?

It’s obvious if I do the second option, I’ll have to PIF my NFCU secured card once I get it to AZEO (being my attorney fees). I don’t want to abuse my credit like I did before.

What can I expect once my discharge occurs? Will my scores slightly increase/decrease once my debts has been discharge? I’m looking forward to any feedback from myfico family

Thanks
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.