cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filed last week...

tag
empressj
Frequent Contributor

Filed last week...

I just filed last week and have the date for the 341 meeting. It's almost exactly 30 days from my date of filing. I haven't even been notified by my attorney yet. My anxiety has picked up again. 

 

I'm so nervous about Wells Fargo Dealer Services requiring me to reaffirm in order to keep my car:/

Discharged Jan 2017
Rebuilding credit
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Filed last week...


@empressj wrote:

I just filed last week and have the date for the 341 meeting. It's almost exactly 30 days from my date of filing. I haven't even been notified by my attorney yet. My anxiety has picked up again. 

 

I'm so nervous about Wells Fargo Dealer Services requiring me to reaffirm in order to keep my car:/


Don't worry the 341 is super easy. Just give answers to the questions the Trustee asks, nothing more. Keep it short and sweet. Make sure you have your SSN card or a W2 when you go, along with a photo ID. If you DO bring a W2, make sure for the love of god the SSN is written on there correctly. We had an issue where my husband's employer transposed two numbers on his W2, luckily the trustee didn't make us come back however others before us that had issues for some reason she made them re-schedule.

You will literally be in and out in no time. We had ours scheduled at 3, and had 4 people ahead of us. Besides one old couple who had to tell her everything, it went really quick. We were in there for maybe 30minutes, but most of that was waiting for others to go ahead of us. No one who showed up had any creditors show.

Message 2 of 8
empressj
Frequent Contributor

Re: Filed last week...

I just didn't expect to have my 341 meeting date, the assigned judge/trustee. Thank goodness the collection calls have stopped. Unfortunately I had to tell my HR manager that I filed bk due to garnishment order that came. I'm so embarrassed but nothing I can do. I will absolutely remember to bring those things.

May I ask how far out are you from bankruptcy? Thank you so much
Discharged Jan 2017
Rebuilding credit
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Filed last week...


@empressj wrote:
I just didn't expect to have my 341 meeting date, the assigned judge/trustee. Thank goodness the collection calls have stopped. Unfortunately I had to tell my HR manager that I filed bk due to garnishment order that came. I'm so embarrassed but nothing I can do. I will absolutely remember to bring those things.

May I ask how far out are you from bankruptcy? Thank you so much

You should just call the company that issued the garn and tell them that you filed, and give them the case number. They should send a garn release. You can ask them to fax it to your payroll. They shouldn't list the reason on the garn release other than they are releasing it to your employer. If you just tell your employer you filed, they won't generally stop the garn since the court order came from another company.

 

We filed 7/5/16, and should be discharged tomorow 10/12/16 Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 8
empressj
Frequent Contributor

Re: Filed last week...

actually my attorney sent them a copy of the bk case info. She just responded saying the garn release paperwork was received Thursday.

That's awesome! Another question, how do you plan to rebuild on dc? I'm hoping Cap1 will let me back in
Discharged Jan 2017
Rebuilding credit
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Filed last week...


@empressj wrote:
actually my attorney sent them a copy of the bk case info. She just responded saying the garn release paperwork was received Thursday.

That's awesome! Another question, how do you plan to rebuild on dc? I'm hoping Cap1 will let me back in

I already have two installment loans reporting on our credit reports for my husband's and my auto loan we got after filing. I have membership with Navy and PenFed so I plan on after the DC is reported to go to both and ask for a CC and see who bites, then I plan on getting a Comenity Bank backed store card for my husband and I and place each other as an Auth User on the cards and work from there. We burnt Cap One so I'm not counting on them for at least a year after DC. Barclay Bank and Cabella's is my next victim 6 months after DC since we should have enough open trades for them by then.

Message 6 of 8
empressj
Frequent Contributor

Re: Filed last week...

Ok cool. We plan to app for cc with credit union, they are credit building friendly. I added Comenity to bk schedule so I'm not sure they'll be so willing to approve me again. After growing I do plan to app for the Barclay. 

Discharged Jan 2017
Rebuilding credit
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Filed last week...


@empressj wrote:

Ok cool. We plan to app for cc with credit union, they are credit building friendly. I added Comenity to bk schedule so I'm not sure they'll be so willing to approve me again. After growing I do plan to app for the Barclay. 


I included a couple Comenity accounts myself, when I had to call them since they kept increasing my limit on a card included in my BK I spoke to the rep on the phone and he said they are very BK friendly and as soon as it's discharged to re apply for the card again and I *should* get it.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.