cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filing Chapter 7 ! (Feelings of Relief already) -Update 01/08/2020

tag
twono
Frequent Contributor

Re: Filing Chapter 7 ! (Feelings of Relief already)

OP,  you should've switched banks or applied for membership to a CU before you filed.  CU's will do a hard inquiry and will your BK will be reported and show up overnight.  

Not sure if that will affect you joining a CU or not?  Good luck either way.

I'm 2 wks out from DC, and it is torture waiting.

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for posting ! 

Yes I just actually opened one with Veridian CU today, I haven't filed my Chapter 7 yet. Won't be filing until November. The CU told me it won't impact my account because I have no debt with them. 

I feel ya, saving the money to file the anticipation is killing me. 

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes it does suck lol I know in some places the have MOC at hotel convention centers or places like that. Yea I still owe Centris right now like $265 but I applied with Veridian CU today so we shall see. I've not heard ALOT about them but they are in CB and west O so I guess we'll see how it goes. 

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Filing Chapter 7 ! (Feelings of Relief already) -Update 01/08/2020

***Update ***
Welp Capital One repossessed my vehicle 03/20/2020, kinda bummed cause I didn't want to car show this early. Working from home for now and my bf is buying a car soon so I can get to work if/when the virus died down. I think i may go to a family friend and buy car from him, after MOC.
Officially filed my Chapter 7 as of 03/23/2020!!!

EQ - 502 lost 1pt from Chp 7 Reporting

TU- 510 down 14pt from Chp 7 Reporting

EX-Chp 7 not reporting yet but as you can see had a heck of a drop the 23rd. 

My MOC is schedule by phone for 04/29 (Because of COVID) Im happy this is almost over at this point! Going to take the best advice I've seen here and gonna wait until AFTER discharge to really card shop or app for anything. Just going to focus on saving since I have to pay a new utility deposit 05/4. But won't have another phone bill until 05/27 so I am going to pay the deposit ASAP and will just continue saving for a car. 

B9665D83-136D-4224-AEDB-CD72E5978497.png

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.