Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filing Chapter 7

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Filing Chapter 7

Just got my 341 date after it discharges should be in June . How long should u wait to apply for discover it card. I will he reaffirming my car loan.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: Filing Chapter 7

AFTER your discharge!!!!
EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I get after discharge,but how long after was question.
Message 3 of 8
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

I would wait until your reports reflect your BK discharge and all accounts that were included are reporting correctly.
EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 4 of 8
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Welcome. Depending on how many creditors were in you BK. It can take up to 60 days for everything to update. If you havent joined. Credit Karma updates each week and you can see how it's coming along for all your creditors will have to show 0 balance and IIB. Ignore the scores. Plus some not all get a minor score boost once the BK is done due to being debt free. No rush. Discover isnt going anywhere.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you will do
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you appreciate the advice.
Message 7 of 8
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Before you apply, all your credit reports need to be reporting correctly first.

The BK in PR section needs to say Discharged and the date of discharge.

All your accounts that were IIB, need to reflect $0 balance and the IIB notation on the account somewhere.

Once it all looks ok, then you can apply. If you're denied unsecured, but countered the secured, I would take it!! It graduates, and will be a positive account reporting which you will need immediately.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.