Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally, BK7 Free on all 3 Reports!!

tag
Caribsa89
Contributor

Finally, BK7 Free on all 3 Reports!!

This morning Equifax finally deleted my BK7 filed on 3/30/2012! I tried to get an early exclusion by calling them at the end of December of which they stated that they donot do EE (lies).  Anyway, I then decided to try online by filing a dispute on 12/30/21 and asking for one; they did not answer until 01/28/22 and denied it.Smiley Frustrated Only for it to fall off 4 days later on it's on; Equifax sucks!  I know I was being impatient and could have waited the month since they made me wait anyway by not replying until 01/28/22!Smiley Mad  From what I've read here and on another board, Equifax usually drop BK7s on the 1st day of the month prior to the month of filing (in my case that would be 02/01/2022); so I impatiently just checked my Equifax credit before getting ready for work and sure enough it was GONE!!  

In January of 2021, I noticed that TransUnion had the discharged month wrong and I disputed it and they deleted the entire BK7 over a year early. So it's been gone from my TransUnion report since January of 2021.  December of 2021, Experian dropped it without me asking.  I had planned to ask for an EE at the end of that month but they dropped it the 2nd week of Dec 2021 before I had a chanced to ask.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

Re: Finally, BK7 Free on all 3 Reports!!

@Caribsa89 wrote:

This morning Equifax finally deleted my BK7 filed on 3/30/2012! I tried to get an early exclusion by calling them at the end of December of which they stated that they donot do EE (lies).  Anyway, I then decided to try online by filing a dispute on 12/30/21 and asking for one; they did not answer until 01/28/22 and denied it.Smiley Frustrated Only for it to fall off 4 days later on it's on; Equifax sucks!  I know I was being impatient and could have waited the month since they made me wait anyway by not replying until 01/28/22!Smiley Mad  From what I've read here and on another board, Equifax usually drop BK7s on the 1st day of the month prior to the month of filing (in my case that would be 02/01/2022); so I impatiently just checked my Equifax credit before getting ready for work and sure enough it was GONE!!  

In January of 2021, I noticed that TransUnion had the discharged month wrong and I disputed it and they deleted the entire BK7 over a year early. So it's been gone from my TransUnion report since January of 2021.  December of 2021, Experian dropped it without me asking.  I had planned to ask for an EE at the end of that month but they dropped it the 2nd week of Dec 2021 before I had a chanced to ask.

Congrats!   How much did each of your FICO scores jump on the various versions?

Message 2 of 18
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats. But we want to know what was the score change?

Message 3 of 18
Caribsa89
Contributor

I have not pulled Equifax yet to see the score change but I gained 89 points when it dropped on Experian last month.  I was shocked since I cannot believe that a 10 year old BK was affecting my credit by that much.  

Experian_Fico_Score121421.PNG

Message 4 of 18
jayhawk05
Valued Member

That's awesome! Congrats!

FICO 8 as of 4/27/2023:

Current Cards:

Message 5 of 18
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

@Caribsa89 wrote:

I have not pulled Equifax yet to see the score change but I gained 89 points when it dropped on Experian last month.  I was shocked since I cannot believe that a 10 year old BK was affecting my credit by that much.  

Experian_Fico_Score121421.PNG

Holy SH*T!   That's just amazing.   I can't wait until I reach that point.

Message 6 of 18
StevenMDG
Valued Member

My BK Chapter 7 was filed October 2012. Do you think im am still too early for an EE drop on any one the 3 CRA's? I think there is a thread in here somewhere that explains how to go about it but I cannot find the **bleep** thing. Congrtas BTW

Message 7 of 18
Caribsa89
Contributor

@StevenMDG  - You will  be lucky if you can get it deleted before September 1st from Equifax.  I donot know when Experian deleted the BK in December (I have Experian IdentyWorks and they did not inform me that the BK fell off).  Since Experian removed it on its own; yours will probably fall off by the 14th of July. 

The regular Experian site is the one that alert me via e-mail on December 14th that my Fico score changed from Very Good to Exceptional. So when I received Experian Fico score alert, I knew what that meant beacuse my TransUnion Fico 8 without the BK7 has fluctuated in the low 800s all 2021 (808 to 820 - it's been holding steady at 820 the past 4 months).  I had a feeling that the BK7 fell off since the Exceptional rating would mean that now my EX Fico is in the 800 range and that would be at least a 50 point gain (it was holding steady at 750 for a while but never above).  I was not prepared for the 839 (19 points higher that my TU and BK7 has been gone since Jan 2021). I am assuming my Equifax score will now be in the 800s since it was 754 2 weeks ago with the BK7 still on file since the other 2 are in the 800s.  I will post the score change for Equifax as soon as Citi updates in the next few days.

Message 8 of 18
StevenMDG
Valued Member

Thanks for the info. I pay for Experian monitoring, but apparentley my account is flagged or something as it will not allow me to dispute online 🤷‍♂️. I called and got escalated to someone but they only said that they do not do EE and will not remove early and I will have to wait. I have been hovering around the 700-710 range and hoping when this drops finally i wil get the boost i want. 

Message 9 of 18
Caribsa89
Contributor

I found my screenshots of my Fico scores from early 2021 when the BK7 was deleted over a year early by TransUnion in January of 2021.  I actually gained 73 points; my Fico score went from 735 on 1/13/2021 to 808 on 2/13/2021. TransunionFico_O11321_PreBK.pngTransunionFico_O21321_PostBK.png

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.