Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally Chap 7 off all reports

tag
JLRDC909
Frequent Contributor

Finally Chap 7 off all reports

Hi Group,

I have been a long-time lurker on these forums and have learned alot.  In 2011 I had to file Chapter 7 for various reasons, What a nightmare having to go through that process and I learned my lesson.

I knew that my C7 would be off by Mid July 2021.  Since filing in 2011 I have gotten a great array of cards, with prime lenders. But I kept wondering if this would actually be on my reports until mid July or off a little sooner.  Heres the answer to anyone whos looking what happened in my case.

April 1, it fell off Experian.  I called a couple weeks ago to Transunion and Equifax to see if I could get an Early Exclusion.  Transunion was very nice and said "no problem, its off."  Checked Credit Karma and it was off seconds after, resulting in a scorce increase of about 70 points (over 800).

Equifax was a no go.  After hanging up I read that its best to leave them alone as they mess things up so I am glad I didn't pursue them any longer.  But over this weekend I was researching another persons process and she wrote that it came off the first day of the month, one month prior.  Well, I was hoping that if it was filed Mid July, their was a Possiblity that on June 1 it might be off.

Guess what?  Checked Equifax around 3pm on June 1 and its gone.  So now, all reports are clean.  For those who are going through BK, light is at the end of the tunnel.  Just thought I would share when to expect the BKs to fall off.

JR
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Re: Finally Chap 7 off all reports

Congrats on rebuild and BK removal!!! TU has a 6 month EE policy, Experian has a 3 month EE policy, and EQ is one month. Yes, EQ is notorious for major screwups!!

Continued success!

Message 2 of 9
AllZero
Mega Contributor

That is great news. Congratulations on your success!
Message 3 of 9
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Chapter 7 finally purging from all reports -and- double congrats on your credit rebuild.

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 4 of 9
Papa_Bear
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 5 of 9
DoogieBall
Regular Contributor

Welcome to the BK7 finally off Club Smiley Very Happy

R.I.P Cards 

Message 6 of 9
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Surprised Equisux didnt update the DC date after the call. They can screw up boiling water. Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 9
marie39
Valued Member

Congratulations. I'm waiting for my Chapter 13 to fall off. It's due to come off Sept 9, 2021. So hoping it will be gone soon, praying I get a 70 or more score increase. My highest score is 658.

Message 8 of 9
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

@marie39 wrote:

Congratulations. I'm waiting for my Chapter 13 to fall off. It's due to come off Sept 9, 2021. So hoping it will be gone soon, praying I get a 70 or more score increase. My highest score is 658.

You're four months ahead of me as my Chapter 13 is due to fall off next January; please keep us updated, I can't wait to hear how your scores change in October.

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.