Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally DISCHARGED!!!

tag
CashBackQueen
Frequent Contributor

Finally DISCHARGED!!!

Checked Pacer last night, after 103 days the status was updated to Awaiting Closing - Order Discharging Debtor and at the top of the page is says Debtor Discharged: 1/09/2018 ... I guess that means they have to finalize all the paperwork but other than that it's finally over??! Wonder when I will be able to see this on my reports?
BK7 DC 1/2/18 • Progress as of 5/10/22:

TCL: $89,350 • If it ain't got rewards, I don't want it Smiley Wink
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Finally DISCHARGED!!!

The discharge usually takes a few days. I'd give it about a week. Within about a 30-45 days, your creditors should have corrected all trade lines to reflect the proprer status and a $0 balance.

Message 2 of 9
BamBam2000
Contributor

You and I have the same discharge date. Congrats. Experian updated the next day 1/10. TU and Experian are still pending.
Message 3 of 9
CashBackQueen
Frequent Contributor

Same here. Already checked Capital One prequal and have an offer. I've never had an offer through their prequal before. Going to wait til TU and EQ update first, will probably get a better approval.

Message 4 of 9
BamBam2000
Contributor

I have to call trans union and remove a fraud alert. I also have an Experian account. I updated today and the discharge was on TU and EQ. Just hasnt updated on myFICO.

Message 5 of 9
BamBam2000
Contributor

I checked today and had an offer also. Gotta wait for my title to trade though but very happy. Also got approved for Discover It. Just one more major CC and I’ll be gardening.
Message 6 of 9
CashBackQueen
Frequent Contributor

I got the instant decline from Capital One, even though preapproved. Guess I'm blacklisted for now. I've never had Discover, but my scores are so low now I'm afraid to try, and I don't have a preapproval with them.

Message 7 of 9
BamBam2000
Contributor

Ughhh major bummer. We both have to be patient though. I started my rebuild last August with 2 secured cards. As soon as I knew I could pay off the bankruptcy early because it was set to end July 2018. The trustee sat on me paperwork and didn’t even audit my file until December. Once they sent it to the court it was only a matter of days. My pre rebuild scores were closer to 500 than the 600s. The secured cards really helped and I also did a goodwill letter for the late payments I had with GM financial and they removed them. Too scared to apply for anything else. Gardening for me. Make sure all CRAs have been updated with your discharge info.
Message 8 of 9
missy42
Regular Contributor

Congrats on your discharge I just started this long 5-yr process.  Looking forward to 2022, LOL until then just trying to not stress!  This is hard but its nice to hear success stories.  I'm determine to complete this but it is hard & stressful!  Best of luck on life after Chap 13!

Filed Ch 13- 8/29/17
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.