Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally did it.

tag
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Finally did it.

Just finished filing a Chapter 7. I'm a bundle of nerves right now. Hope everything goes as smooth as the filing did.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Finally did it.

Congrats! Everyone is on edge thru the process. Myself included. Then after the MOC you'll say I got all worked up over this? Piece of cake. Just a heads up. Dont make any credit moves until up to 30 days after DC. Let all your accounts state IIB and 0 balance. Then you'll get a score rise which could mean the difference between secured vs. unsecured depending on who was burned and what you final scores will be. Good luck on your way to financial freedom!

Message 2 of 6
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

We burned (are burning?) several companies. Cap1, Synch, Discover, NFCU Amex, Best Buy Citi card. But I know to wait from reading a lot here (but thank you for making sure I know). Tempted to get our scores for comparisons when the DC happens and everything settles down.
Message 3 of 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

I just threw it out there to wait. So many rush to get credit and the DC hasnt even been finalized yet. Were here to help once its all completed and finalized. Bring on the DC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 4 of 6
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

I have a quick question. The clerk said that they don't notify the creditors which is what I was under the impression would happen. Now what? I realize you aren't a lawyer, and I'm not asking for legal advice, just your personal experience
Message 5 of 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Your BK is picked up by third parties the CRA's use that monitor court records. The clerk was correct.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.