Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally got my CH7 discharge

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally got my CH7 discharge

Checked Pacer today and see my CH7 was discharged 1/14/2019. It took 102 days but its finally done. I had to file due to a divorce and and job loss. I've got quite a bit of inquiries from right after filing when my lawyer told me to go look for a decent car. I also bought something expensive on 100 days same as cash in December that went on my credit but I just paid off. Hopefully i can bounce my credit back.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
TekkenQQ7
Established Contributor

Re: Finally got my CH7 discharge

Congratulations and welcome to the club...😁

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice! I just had my 341 meeting last week and the status of my case is reporting as “Awaiting Discharge” in Pacer. My discharge should be March 18 as long as I pay the remainder of the filing fee by then.
I’m getting about $62,000 in debt discharged. The only thing I expect to survive is my federal and private student loans of about $15,000, and believe me, $15,000 of debt is way more manageable than $77,000 of debt on a $30k income.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had $170k in debt that. I got rid of everything so I'll be starting over fresh.
Message 4 of 8
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats to both of you on your fresh start. It isn't something to be proud of. Isn't easy to do. But there is life (stress free) after BK.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

My scores rose an average of 50 points over night after acounts reported closed and bk was discharged.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bankruptcy is something I was contemplating for a long time before I finally pulled the trigger. I lost a house and new truck out of divorce 8 years ago and bounced my credit back in 2015. Then things were going great in 2016 till my job packed up part of its operation and let people go, me included. I let another new truck go, a boat, a few credit cards, a revolving tool account, and i had to break a lease on my lake house. Whats crazy is i found a sustainable job a month after the point of no return with all of that stuff. Snap On tools was the only one to come after me in court. I paid double payments to Snap On the entire time I had that account and paid a few required payments after the job loss. I asked them for a defferral and they pretty much told me to kick rocks. I've since found a better job than my original and they paid for my bankruptcy lawyer through our group legal plan which made the decision easier. Now theres a lot less stress and i only have to worry about progression.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I view Bankruptcy as a nuclear option and I had to use it.
I accumulated $62,000 in credit card debt (earning roughly $25,000 a year) as a result of me attempting to start a business and fund it with a bunch of credit cards. When that failed I tried keeping myself afloat with the personal credit cards I already had in my name and couldn’t keep up with the payments.
I tried debt consolidation and even tried to take a second full time job but couldn’t find another job. Potential employers would pull my credit report and see that I owed a ton of money and had delinquent accounts. Don’t know if that was their deciding factor but it certainly didn’t help.
I know Bankruptcy won’t change my behavior so I’m working on behavior changes while I get my fresh start.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.