Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fingerhut after BK

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fingerhut after BK

Well, I was going to try to open another FH account after the BK, and the online app said it could not be processed and to call one of their toll free numbers. I did so, and explained what I wanted to do and he said I needed to call the credit department. OK, so I call the number he gave me and explain what I want, and because I had a closed account he said I needed to call customer service and gives me a third number. SO... I call that number and explain for the third time what I want. He refers me BACK to new accounts, the first number. After being on this merry-go-round for a total of FIVE phone calls I decided to get off, as I was getting dizzy and naseous.

I thought these guys were EASY to get re-established with?

I geuss FH is not going to be a part of my rebuild.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fingerhut after BK

I almost guarantee, in a month, you will receive a pre-approval with one of their catalogs. 

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

a few people i have met that also filed said to wait 60-90 days after discharge and to be patient.

try credit one, they are super friendly right out of bk

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will not deal with Credit One. A bank owned by one of the largest junk debt buyers? No thanks.

I've already opened a secured card with SDFCU to get me moving.

Message 4 of 6
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I will not deal with Credit One. A bank owned by one of the largest junk debt buyers? No thanks.

Good job there Norman! Yes, youve been around the forums to know who to look at who not too. Give it a another month or two, and check the prequal with Cap1, and see if it shows you anything. Even if you burned them or not, they approva lots of folks the they were IIB with. Do you have current loans reporting?  Car, school, mortgage?? Are you reports correct? Have you checked them recently?  

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Good job there Norman! Yes, youve been around the forums to know who to look at who not too. Give it a another month or two, and check the prequal with Cap1, and see if it shows you anything. Even if you burned them or not, they approva lots of folks the they were IIB with. Do you have current loans reporting?  Car, school, mortgage?? Are you reports correct? Have you checked them recently?  

I have my auto loan reporting on EQ only. Next month I plan to drop another 500 into SDFCU and do a secured loan. I made the mistake of only putting 300 in last week, and their secured loans are 500 minimum.

I've done a triple pull with CCT. So far everything looks kosher. I've noticed that ALL of the public records (five judgments) I had before the BK are gone. Only the BK is there.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.