cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fingerhut still reporting charge off/bad debt post bankruptcy!

tag
Jayla127
New Contributor

Fingerhut still reporting charge off/bad debt post bankruptcy!

Last year Jan 2010 I filed for bankruptcy and listed every creditor I had.  My bankruptcy was discharged in July 2010.  I checked my credit reports to make sure everything was reporting correctly.  I noticed that Fingerhut still reports charge off. on Equifax, but on TransUnion it states the account is Unrated! (What does that mean?) I called the credit bureaus who stated they would confirm with Fingerhut. The CSR also said I could contact them myself, which I did. The collections rep told me that the account was sold to another company before the BK.  The CO company was removed from my CR but Fingerhut will not budge.  They are the only company that is reporting bad debt well everyone else states IIB. Is there anything I can do to make them report correctly?

Starting Score: EQ 430, TU 467, EX 465
Current Score: EQ 617, TU 618, EX 611
Goal Score: EQ 700, TU 700, EX 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
kjm79
Valued Contributor

Re: Fingerhut still reporting charge off/bad debt post bankruptcy!

If the account was CO before the BK, then they are reporting correctly.  You can ask them to report it as included in BK, they have no obligation to do so though. 

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 2 of 5
Jayla127
New Contributor

Thanks! I will check into that

Starting Score: EQ 430, TU 467, EX 465
Current Score: EQ 617, TU 618, EX 611
Goal Score: EQ 700, TU 700, EX 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 5
Qwerty99

Fingerhut is still reporting Charged off on my credit reports. I call them and they told me that the debt is now owned by Jefferson Credit. I call Jefferson and was told i paid they debt back in June 2011. Who do i need to contact to fix this? Fingerhut? It seems from the previous posts that they arent helpful. I didnt not file for any bankruptcy so my situation may be different.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

i am no expert, but if figerhut charged it off and sold it to another company then their reporting correctly perhaps. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.