cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Auto Loan Post-BK 7 -- I love Alliant!

tag
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

First Auto Loan Post-BK 7 -- I love Alliant!

I haven't been on here for quite awhile.   I'm about 5.5 years post discharge.   Scores are decent and I have over 300K in revolving limits.   I decided I wanted the new Mazda CX-5 and so applied to Alliant, DCU and Navy at about 9 PM.   The next morning at 8 AM I had an approval, no documentation required, from Alliant for 28K at their best rate which is like 4%.   They Fed Ex'd the check to the dealer that day and I got the car the following day.   All this before I even heard from the other two lenders!

I did trade in my paid in full Volkswagen so I got 10K credit for down payment.    Car price was about 35K but 38K after taxes, etc.  

I have had incredible good fortune in re-establishing my credit thanks to this forum and another one which is to remain nameless on here.   I only let like $5 report each month on one credit card.   I've proven to myself I can get lots of high limits (three times my annual salary) but I'm going to start slowly trimming them down.   It's a chore to keep them all active as I don't really spend that much beyond housing, car payment (now) and food.

Hang in there.   It can be done!

(Before I get too cocky, I need to also say that in the same app spree I was declined for the Citibank Costco Visa and I was also declined for the Synchrony Cathay Pacific Airlines card, and BofA still refuses to raise my credit limit due to including them in my bankruptcy, so I'm not quite batting 1000 yet.)

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
LakeLife
Established Contributor

Re: First Auto Loan Post-BK 7 -- I love Alliant!

Congrats and way to rebuild after your BK.  You should hang around the forum more to pass your knowledge on to others that are starting the process as you did all those years ago.  

Message 2 of 7
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Awesome. Congrats and enjoy the new ride!

Message 3 of 7
MAZDA3
Frequent Contributor

Welcome to Mazda. Love the new CX5 but it was too big for my city driving routine. Nice rate with Alliant. Intersting that they send the check directly to the dealer.

Message 4 of 7
Fx6cowboy
Contributor

Congrats, I am hoping to be right there with you on my 7 year anniversary lol Smiley Happy

Started from the bottom now I'm here. Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 7
Kasuito39
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on your approval.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! I hope to be making a similar post in a year or two!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.