cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First time to purchase score and to make a post.

tag
etex
Established Member

First time to purchase score and to make a post.

Hi All, 

Like so many of us, I decided to file for BK after having had stellar credit and than life going sideways.  The BK is scheduled to fall off the various cr's in July.  I took as much of a proactive approach in preparation of this moment; and It's been a long arduous journey!  

I was able to get approved for a unsecured prime cc and add to the mix to include a 36 month auto loan that was paid in full in a year.

Throughout the process I would google various questions which led to this forum.  The one thing that stuck with me was the ability to request EE's.  Now I hadn't really given it much thought until this morning when the above tidbit crossed my mind.  I revisited some of the threads I had read including some newer postings.  Since I am inside of 6 months I thought I would give TU a try.  After calling, the rep was understanding and said that he was unable to do as I had requested.  Received the same reply after recapping my request to a supervisor.

From the TU website I went to the dispute area and I had two choices to choose from.  The BK is not mine and correcting dates, type (7 or 13), and status, I believe.  The next step was choosing up two scenarios.  I tried to advance straight to comments section as nothing fit so I arbitrarily picked a box that was what I thought the best answer so I could make comments.  In the comments section I wrote that I was seeking an early exclusion and that the BK was old and obsolete.  

The removal of the BK was instantaneous.  After half the day went by curiosity killed the cat so to speak.  I had to know how my score was impacted so I pulled the trigger on a myFICO subscription.  I was floored as I was not prepared for what I saw....  so much for the picture being worth a thousand words lol as I am unable to figure out how to upload the image.

EQ FICO 8: 686 TU FICO 8: 826 EQ FICO 8: 667

I would like to thank the community for the wonderful information shared to all.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: First time to purchase score and to make a post.

Congratulations on your TU EE success! Your score looks fantastic!

Message 2 of 8
etex
Established Member

Thank you Allzero.  

It exciting and certainly feels good to see that the effort was worth it.

Message 3 of 8
wxman2021
Regular Contributor

Congrats!!

DC (5/25/2021)
Current: EQ8 684 EQ9 669
Current: EX8 698 EX9 696
Current: TU8 718 TU9 724
As of 7/7/2023
UTIL 1%
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Now that's a fantastic jump! In a few more months all three will look that way. Great job staying the course and pulling it off Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 8
etex
Established Member

ImTheDevil, 

Thank you for the kind words.  It is a big jump, it would have been nice to have known what the score was before the jump.  I'd bet that it was way over a 100 point increase!  

It'd be interesting to read of the experience of others on the increase/decrease of points.  I am sure it's probably been discussed ad nauseam within the forum 🤔, haha.  Anybody have a link to a thread?

...looking forward to these last few months going quickly. 

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Head over to the Understanding FICO Scoring subforum and you'll find all you ever hope for in terms of points gained/lost and why Smiley Happy

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/bd-p/ficoscoring

Message 7 of 8
etex
Established Member

@Anonymous,

Thanks for the tip.  Been scoping this am and did a few furtitve glances during the day. Thank you!

Strange to view the forum as a member when one's experience are prolly via a regular good 'ole search.

I have learned a few things today! 

What a wonderful platform! 

Thank y'all for the warm replies.  

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.