Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Following the 7 to 700 Post-BK Plan and Ran Into a Snag

tag
560AndRising
Established Member

Following the 7 to 700 Post-BK Plan and Ran Into a Snag

Hey all! I posted this in the 7 to 700 thread but no one has been replying in there for a litle while so I figured I'd probably better create my own thread for this question.

I'm looking at steps 7 and 10 of the 7 to 700 plan. I burned Discover and Barclays, and am wondering how to proceed in this case. Thanks for any help!

Starting Score: 560 EQ (Scorewatch), ??? EX, 607 TU (BECU Pull)
Current Score: 618 EQ (Scorewatch), 582 EX (V. 2 Mortgage Lender Pull), 626 TU (Old Navy Increase Pull)
Goal Score: 660 EQ, 660 EX, 700 TU

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Kasuito39
Frequent Contributor

Re: Following the 7 to 700 Post-BK Plan and Ran Into a Snag

Go for Cap one and see whether they'll approve you. I think you have to take risks especially after your 341 meeting and receiving your no asset distribution letter from trustee. In my opinion there are several ways of skinning the goat. It all depends with your credit history.
Message 2 of 5
Scupra
Super Contributor

Like mentioned above, Cap1 would be a perfect start. Then go from there Smiley Happy

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 3 of 5
560AndRising
Established Member

Very sorry for my extremely slow reply. I somehow missed these replies. Thank you both for your insight. I think I am going to go with Cap One as my second card and then try Navy Fed down the line, following SoulMaster's 7 to 700 plan. We'll see what happens!

Scores have been climbing nicely but then I ran into an issue with Toyota Motor Credit adding a duplicate acct last month. They did so for the express purpose of listing lates from 30 to 150 days and two repos in the payment history section. You can't be late after filing Ch. 7 and then the discharge of the case meant that anything after my 6//17 filing shouldn't be added, including the repo due to surrender of the vehicle. I am sending off my dispute via certified mail today!

Starting Score: 560 EQ (Scorewatch), ??? EX, 607 TU (BECU Pull)
Current Score: 618 EQ (Scorewatch), 582 EX (V. 2 Mortgage Lender Pull), 626 TU (Old Navy Increase Pull)
Goal Score: 660 EQ, 660 EX, 700 TU

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have an issue with a lender reporting lates after filing. Waiting 30 days post discharge for them to get their act together. I really want to just go ahead and dispute and let it sort out that way
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.