cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For those feeling discouraged....(credit approvals)

tag
dmjohnsonrn

For those feeling discouraged....(credit approvals)

Hi everyone.  I never post here but I have learned so much just by hearing others stories so I thought I'd post this for anyone feeling discouraged.   My bankruptcy was discharged in May 2018. Since then I've worked really hard at paying everything on time.  I've obtained several subprime cards and a secured card and followed all the advice for  those.   But lately I've felt very discouraged and like maybe all my hard work wasn't really doing anything.    But today I was FINALLY approved for a discover card after being rejected many times.  AND  I was also approved by Audi with a 4.9% interest rate after Toyota offered me 12%.    After months of feeling discouraged, I finally feel as if all the hard work is beginning to make a difference.  The car I have right now is at 17% interest because I didn't have any other options at the time.   So to go from that to a 4.9% is huge for me.    So to anyone who is feeling frustrated or down about things, stick with it.   Things will turn around for you too.    

12 REPLIES 12
thornback
Senior Contributor

Re: For those feeling discouraged....(credit approvals)

Fantastic -  congrats on your successes!!!  & thank you for sharing your story... 

I hope you stick around and post more... 😊

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 2 of 13
dmjohnsonrn

Thank you! I've learned a lot here.  Its definitely a slow rebuilding process and I know others must get discouraged at times too.   The hard work eventually pays off though! 

Message 3 of 13
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

Thanks for posting. Sticking it out when it feels like you're just not gaining traction is hard. Credit goes in an instant and comes back at a snails pace it feels. Good for you for continuing to do things the way you knew was right! I'm glad to hear all your hard work is paying off. Good luck on your journey! I hope someone else that is feeling down reads your post and gets some encouragement from it too. 

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 4 of 13
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your success!
Message 5 of 13
ghostVetFL
New Contributor

Congratulations 

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well done! Good luck with your continued rebuilding and thank you for sharing!! 

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice work, congrats! 

Message 8 of 13
Azuieldrago
Frequent Contributor

Congrats. Most people try to get it to move quicker than it should. Time is your friend. Understandably people do have issues that need good credit, broken vehicle, ( I am borrowing my parents spare vehicle for now), need a better living situation (Me too here). Only way to get there, pay on time, keep that util low when you do need credit and make time your friend. We all get impatient and get discouraged when you see people get the cards/credit you want despite them have worse scores, or getting it quicker. Thing is, their info isn't the same as yours. Don't get discouraged, keep doing what you need to do and everyone will get what they are looking for. Again, congrats. 

30 day post DC
60 days post DC
94 days post DC

INQUIRES

Store Cards
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on some light at the end of a long tunnel. Enjoy the Disco card (it's a good one) and the Audi (loved mine and looking forward to another in the future)!

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.