Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Foreclosure or IIB which one?

tag
missy42
Regular Contributor

Foreclosure or IIB which one?

I have a question, my bankruptcy was discharged on 8/14/2007 and closed on 8/15/2007.  I was served foreclosure paperwork about a month ago.  My question is up until this time my mortgage showed IIB on all my credit reports now Countrywide Home Loans is showing up on all three of my CR's showing the balance and past due amount of my mortage is this legal?  Why if they were IIB why now is it because the property is now in foreclosure.  I'm confused, i thought once my bankruptcy was discharged and closed I could start repairing my credit and now it seems to be starting all over again.  What do I need to do for this to be reported correctly?  when I called CW they acted as if they had never heard of my bk.  yes they did a motion to lift the stay in order to take the house but I moved out of the house in January, filed bk 5/2/007 will cw now show up on my credit reports as a foreclosure verses IIB?
Filed Ch 13- 8/29/17
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
rizeninme
New Contributor

Re: Foreclosure or IIB which one?

Do you plan to give up your house as part of the BK? If so, it seems to me that it will show as a foreclosure for at least a month or two until all the paperwork is finalized at which point it will be listed as IIB. I assume they have to complete the legal process of foreclosure in order to then show what you owe them, and then ultimately write off the balance as IIB.

If you plan on keeping your house you need to call your attorney ASAP so they don't foreclose on you.
Message 2 of 5
missy42
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the response.  I moved out of the house in jan 07 and no I never planned on keeping the house which is why i included it in my bk.  I have since contacted the cra's and the item has been removed and now shows iib.

Thanks
Filed Ch 13- 8/29/17
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good job Missy.  Glad you got this fixed.   Worst case, you would have needed to threaten a lawsuit to get them moving......

How is the rest of your clean up going?

Message 4 of 5
missy42
Regular Contributor

As for the rest of my cleanup everything is showing IIB on most of my items but they have turned around and showed my lateness.  Most didn't get paid (my lawyers advice) once I filed in May and I guess it was to be expected but it sure hurts.  I'm tired really of constantly checking my scores (I have scorewatch).  It can be a bit pricey and to tell you the truth a little disappointing when my scores drop and I'm constantly having to dispute the same stuff over and over and over again although I'm not whining since I know it's going to take time.  I guess with school (fulltime student) and other things...some health issues, coming up on my Mom's 1 yr death anniversary I'm just down.  Of course the holiday's and all don't help.  Thanks for all your support Boscoe on both forums.  I've had very little to say lately on the bk forum but I'm answering a few today.

sara 4
Filed Ch 13- 8/29/17
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.