Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaining credit back after BK

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Gaining credit back after BK

I appreciate the advise but its not at all my intention. The question rised out of curiosity. This is the 1st time & hopefully the last that I've filed BK & I'm just wanting to know what to expect if the need to apply for any type of credit comes up in my future.
Message 11 of 13
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Agree with some of the other posters. Ya gotta wait till the smoke clears at least 2-3 months. Dont bother with old creditors. In Feb your reports should be settled out. Make sure everything is correct. You had Credit One for 10 grand? Or did you mean Cap1? You might get a score boost once everything reports. Then start looking for some starter cards. No SCT's they all HP now. Slow and spread out your apps. Took me 3 yrs to get where I'm at. Theres no rush. You dont want to look desparate. Read like crazy on here until then. Only reason I went without a denial after BK was learning from here on each card that was available to me. Thats the 9-0 below. Take your time. You'll be fine.

Message 12 of 13
Nova5041
Frequent Contributor

Yeah I agree with firemedic, and you must have meant capital one. Can't see credit one giving out that much. Most of you cards were subprime anyway, so don't worry about getting back in. which is actually great, so in a few years. You can get in with a prime lender.

BK 7 Discharged: 5/30/2018
Fico Scores after Discharge: Experian-552 TransUnion- 490 Equifax- 571
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.