Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting cards back after BK

kerinmiami
Regular Contributor

Getting cards back after BK

Hello everyone,

I have started the BK process on Monday, August 27, 2019.

If I have an Amex card in Bk, how long would it take to get the card(s) back (Platinum, ED, Delta Platinum). Is it 7 -10 years. Actually any card I had before - BOA -1, Chase-1, Citi-2, Cap 1-3, Discover - 1, and others 15+. 

I had not worked in two years. When I did get a job the debit is so high I can't keep up and the interest is crazy.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
FireMedic1
Super Contributor

Re: Getting cards back after BK

@kerinmiami wrote:

Hello everyone,

I have started the BK process on Monday, August 27, 2019.

If I have an Amex card in Bk, how long would it take to get the card(s) back (Platinum, ED, Delta Platinum). Is it 7 -10 years. Actually any card I had before -

AMEX Blacklisted until paid back and then some

BOA -1,Until BK falls off in 10yrs

Chase-1,Until BK falls off in 10 yrs

Citi-2,Until BK falls off in 10 yrs

Cap 1-3,Usually close to or after 1 yr. YMMV

Discover - 1, To be safe. 1 yr out

and others 15+. 

I had not worked in two years. When I did get a job the debit is so high I can't keep up and the interest is crazy.

Bout sums it up. Say goodbye to the big boys for a long long time. They have a very long memory.

Homeowner since Sept 2020. My posts are JMHO. My siggy is not to brag. Just sharing my experiences after BK from learning here from rebuild to recovery from the @ 540's.
Message 2 of 4
sports1965
Frequent Contributor

Not anytime soon!

Message 3 of 4
kerinmiami
Regular Contributor

Thanks. I appreciate it. No airport lounge access for a long, long time. C est la vie...

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.