Did you mean: 

Good growing cards year post Chap 7 bankruptcy

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good growing cards year post Chap 7 bankruptcy

We are coming up on a year post chap 7.

We didnt really burn card companies so consider that completely open

We would love to get a card or two each that actually grows (we have bucketed cap1 cards, hubby has a disco at 1.5k and we do both have wayfair accounts mine is 6k his is 3.5k)
We also both have nfcu rewards at 2k.

What is a good card or two that will give us some good growth? We are hoping to get a good one and garden for the next year or year and a half until we hopefully can buy a home Smiley Happy

Any ideas?
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Good growing cards year post Chap 7 bankruptcy

Nothing new after a year?
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your Discover, NFCU and Wayfair cards are all growers. 
Instead of asking which cards can you get approved for that will grow, it would be better to decide which cards or types of cards you want and go from there.
For example, I could suggest Pottery Barn cc, which you'd probably get approved for and will grow, but it's useless if you don't shop there. 

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. I dont have a discover, and maybe i misunderstood, but it doesnt seem like a lot of people get it to grow a whole lot recently? Again maybe im completely wrong.

I would prefer a card like NFCU that can be used all over, i pretty much only shop at amazon, costco, walmart, smiths, harmons, and sometimes target or the dollar store lol. Everything else is like a once a year type of purchase (if that)

Are there good cards for those i may qualify for?

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess lowes/homedepot get some love from me, and im planning on a few projects this year so those may be an option, though i prefer ones that can be used all over.

I also gas at costco or maverick mostly lol not sure if there is anything there but thats tge main shops Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 12
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Well you could try for the PP MC for 2% on everything. Thats a all around card. Sync grows with responsible use.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you should garden as it stands and be patient for NFCU and Discover to grow.

Not getting additional inquiries and new accounts will really help this endeavor. I had $25k revolving with NFCU a little more than 2 years post discharge, and just over $50k today. My Discover is at $13k now.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Only the hins has disco, they wouldnt take me, even though i had the better credit 🤷‍♀️
As i understand, they are hit and miss with growing anyway.

We were hoping to at least have 2 good growing cards and then garden until after we buy a home
Message 8 of 12
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

How long ago did you try for Discover?

How long have you had your NFCU cc? Is it his or yours?

What are you current FICO scores?

You can forget Chase, Citi, Amex...regadless if you didn't burn them for 5+ years. Chase doesn't approve with BK on reports anymore, Citi is 4-6 years post DC, and Amex is 5yrs plus 1 mo post DC.
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hubby has disco. I tried when he did (in sig) but was denied. Im not going to try for them for another year i think.

We both have navy cards that are 2k and opened beginning of the year Smiley Happy originally as secured and now unsecured nrewards

Thanks for the info about the other cards, i knew chase, im actually getting away from using them as my main accounts because of this. They have seen my finances and i havent ever screwed them in the 10 plus years ive been with them, but whatever.

I am giving my business to those who help people who have hit rough times. Smiley Happy i like supporting them and their helpfulness! Lol
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.