Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google financing - nice surprise 1 year post BK

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Google financing - nice surprise 1 year post BK

Posting this here for anyone wondering about Google's in-house financing for their smartphones (Nexus, Pixel, etc) on Project Fi.

My old phone bit the dust recently, and after some research I decided to apply for Google's 0%, $0 down, 24-month financing on the Pixel XL. After a soft pull only, they approved me for $1800 of credit! Obviously I didn't need all of that... I gladly accepted $750 of it for the shiny new phone though. Smiley Wink

I'm currently 11 months out of BK7, with an Experian FICO around 645, other two around 620. They eventually did a HP of Experian but only *after* they'd already fully approved me, which I thought was odd. Not complaining though! I will try to remember to update this post once I know if they report to the CUs or not. 

Now if I could just get Capital One to let me back in after burning them for a whopping $400 in my BK, lol. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
GatorsFan84
Contributor

Re: Google financing - nice surprise 1 year post BK

Thanks for the info!  I'm in the same boat with Cap One lol..

Message 2 of 3
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Re: Google financing - nice surprise 1 year post BK

@Anonymous wrote:

Posting this here for anyone wondering about Google's in-house financing for their smartphones (Nexus, Pixel, etc) on Project Fi.

My old phone bit the dust recently, and after some research I decided to apply for Google's 0%, $0 down, 24-month financing on the Pixel XL. After a soft pull only, they approved me for $1800 of credit! Obviously I didn't need all of that... I gladly accepted $750 of it for the shiny new phone though. Smiley Wink

I'm currently 11 months out of BK7, with an Experian FICO around 645, other two around 620. They eventually did a HP of Experian but only *after* they'd already fully approved me, which I thought was odd. Not complaining though! I will try to remember to update this post once I know if they report to the CUs or not. 

Now if I could just get Capital One to let me back in after burning them for a whopping $400 in my BK, lol. 

Congratulations!

BUT, Google's "in-house financing" is provided by Synchrony, so you just got your first back in with Synch. And why would you decline a CL of $1800? Bigger CLs is always better, and with a $750 CL your purchase on your new Synchrony credit line will now be reporting with an almost 100% utilization, which is not good. If you had accepted the $1800 CL you would have under 50% util, which is much better.

I'm an Android fan and have been tempted on the Synchrony financing for Pixel, but I've always had good luck with LG phones and am holding out for financing on an LG G6 without a carrier contract - talking is the least thing I use my smartphone for, so Tracfone's $20 prepaid every 3 months works for me, with an occiasional $10 for 1 gigabyte of extra data. I live in a rural area where Verizon's coverage is best, AT&T's coverage is good, Sprint is bad, and T-mobile & others coverage is non existent. Tracfone gives me Verizon coverage here.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.