cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! Didn't reaffirm mortgages, making payments, monthly updates by bank are KILLING my FICO

tag
NinjaParadox

HELP! Didn't reaffirm mortgages, making payments, monthly updates by bank are KILLING my FICO

I filed for BK 9/10 discharged 12/10. I did not reaffirm my mortgage or my HELOC, both with Chase.

I am current and have continued to make payments (riding through).

My credit report shows that both accounts have a zero balance and were IIB.

Every month Chase "Updates" both my mortgage and HELOC so the date of last activity changes.

FICO is considering this as a "Late Payment" and it is KILLING my credit score.

Even though the the notes at the bottom show a reducing balance, and the line item shows a $0 balance.

I have asked Chase to stop reporting this, but they say what they are reporting is accurate and they will not stop. I have called FICO and asked why they were considering it a "Late Payment" and they said they were going by the date of last activity.

I have been perfect since the BK; everything paid on time and have gotten 2 credit cards and a installment loan.

My credit score is 604 almost 2 years after the BK  and FICO says it is because my last late payment was a month ago! How can they count an updating of an IIB line item as a late payment?

HELP!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
cem13
Established Contributor

Re: HELP! Didn't reaffirm mortgages, making payments, monthly updates by bank are KILLING my FICO

Wells Fargo did the same to me after my BK7.  I had to call them a few times and threaten a lawsuit.  The mortgage cannot report anything unless you re-affirm.  Pull out your BK discharge paperwork.  Make sure it is IIB.  Make a copy of that schedule and send to Chase and all 3 CRAs.  As mentioned in other threads, getting a trade line to report IIB is very easy.

Keep up on your payments.  Your balance owed should report $0.  I was told by my attorney that at any point in the future, we can stop making payments and force them to foreclose.  It will take almost 2 years.  The negative is that it typically takes 3 years to get a new mortgage after foreclosure.

You may want to buy a new house, tell the mortgage company that you will rent out yor existing house.  Then after you close on your new house, you have many options.

FICO 08 JUL23: TU 850; EQ 846; EX 843. Clean since BK7 D/C 6/2011.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.