cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW TO: From BK7 discharge to 700 in 24 months or less!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HOW TO: From BK7 discharge to 700 in 24 months or less!

If navy starts you at 1000 a year after discharge, will they allow it to grow at the 91 day mark plus AR?
Message 1871 of 1,877
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am unsure if I will be able to get into Navy due to some issues with getting records. So they are set on hold for a while.
Message 1872 of 1,877
stinastina
Established Contributor

It may be a hard pull if you try but the trend has been cli at 6 months. If you hit the luv button during ar and it goes to review, you know it's a hard pull. Make sure it's 91+ days and your 3rd statement has cut if you try. If it goes to review, a lot of people have had more success with apping for a 2nd card than getting a cli.

wrote:
If navy starts you at 1000 a year after discharge, will they allow it to grow at the 91 day mark plus AR?

BK7 Discharge 1/16
10/15 ~ EQ: 406; TU: 520
10/18 ~ EX: 666; TU: 646; EQ: 652
Message 1873 of 1,877
stinastina
Established Contributor

wrote:
I am unsure if I will be able to get into Navy due to some issues with getting records. So they are set on hold for a while.

Your records or a relative's records ? I pulled my dad's service record from ancestry and went into the branch and was approved. He fought in WW2.

If your eq is better than 650, you can get in with penfed with a small donation.

BK7 Discharge 1/16
10/15 ~ EQ: 406; TU: 520
10/18 ~ EX: 666; TU: 646; EQ: 652
Message 1874 of 1,877
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ Mszeta1992

wrote:

My story....

Jan 16  Discharged Ch7.

June 16 got NFCU Cash rewards Card 1k SL.

Sept 16 request CLI (hit former MAX button) was stunned to go to 25k.

I still scan this board (no intention of asking for a CLI on this card) and it seems that I've been reading that things have changed at NF. No more Max button (RIP) and it seems that CLI increases haven't been as easy or generous and that NF has been favoring 2nd cards over CLI.  

Message 1875 of 1,877
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is my grandfathers records I’m having issues getting. So temporarily the chance of getting into Navy is on hold.
Now my question is should I app for creditone even though my bk is not discharged yet, will be sometime in Feburary, since I have prequalified for creditone?
Message 1876 of 1,877
560AndRising
Established Member

Hello All!

Quick question: Is it normal for Experian to list a negative in the payment history for the month you filed BK? All accounts are IIB with $0 balances for all three bureaus but Experian is the only one with these "negatives" listed for June 2017, when I filed BK. The legend literally says that the "N" means "negative." I'm kind of assuming that they can get away with this since IIB is a negative but then part of me thinks that if I am already being penalized for IIB, I might possibly suffer from the additional "negative" notation in the payment history of all accounts IIB.

Thanks in advance for any help or insight. 

Starting Score: 560 EQ (Scorewatch), ??? EX, 607 TU (BECU Pull)
Current Score: 618 EQ (Scorewatch), 582 EX (V. 2 Mortgage Lender Pull), 626 TU (Old Navy Increase Pull)
Goal Score: 660 EQ, 660 EX, 700 TU

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1877 of 1,877
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.