Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Had BK 7 341 Meeting today - A Few Questions

tag
Shannon3671
New Contributor

Re: Had BK 7 341 Meeting today - A Few Questions

Wondering how things have gone since your last post.

My 341 meeting was yesterday and she wants my 2017 taxes which are 6 months away. I'm supposed to be discharged in October and now don't know if that will happen or not.

What % of your taxes wound up going towards the BK?

Message 11 of 13
nomadicpixie
Valued Member

We ended up incredibly lucky. Although our Trustee was acting as though he would go after everything he didn't. We actually remained a no-asset case and he didn't take anything. He even abandoned the few items that were not exempt. 

From what I understand they can take all of your taxes except any EIC. They file it with IRS I believe? And you just don't ever get the money in your hands. What my lawyer recommended was change your deductions so that you get less pulled out. If there is no refund then there is nothing to take! And the increase in take home pay is more helpful to us than a bg deduction at the end. 

Good luck to you! Filing bankruptcy was the best decision we've made in a long time. We are now heading back up the recovery road.

Rebuilding from BK 7
EQ-554 TU-567 EX-542 ~ Day of Filing (2/2017)
EQ-559 TU-496 EX-510 ~ Day of Discharge (6/2017)
EQ-696 TU-677 EX-679 ~ Current (4/18)
Credit One, Merrick, Paypal, Overstock, Pottery Barn, NFCU Secured & CapOne
Live, learn, and overcome
Message 12 of 13
Shannon3671
New Contributor

Glad everything worked out well for you! Thank you for the information, I will do that when I get back to work. 

Did your case discharge on the day it should or was it not discharged until after the taxes? I'm still a little confused on how that part works. Mine is set to discharge on 10/31, but if she's taking taxes I won't even see until around March of next year...will it not discharge until then?

Thank you again for your help with this.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.