Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Had my 341 meeting today...

tag
CashBackQueen
Frequent Contributor

Had my 341 meeting today...

And it was just as quick and painless as everyone on the forums said. I am so relieved that part is over. I can’t wait til the entire thing is discharged. 

BK7 DC 1/2/18 • Progress as of 5/10/22:

TCL: $89,350 • If it ain't got rewards, I don't want it Smiley Wink
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Had my 341 meeting today...

I had mine today too. Admittedly I wasn’t nervous because this forum prepared me.

My meeting didn’t go so well. My trustee had a little assistant that was full of smart comments and suggestions for the trustee.

She told the trustee in front of me to ask me for photos of my 2010 car and a copy of my title to prove my car is a 2010. She claimed I said my car is a 2011 when asked.

I’m also $1200 over the exemption. The trustee was about to let it go before the assistant asked her to ask for photos. Now I have to go back in 2 weeks.

Does anyone know if this will push my discharge date back? Right now creditors have until late December to contest.
Message 2 of 7
CashBackQueen
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I had mine today too. Admittedly I wasn’t nervous because this forum prepared me.

My meeting didn’t go so well. My trustee had a little assistant that was full of smart comments and suggestions for the trustee.

She told the trustee in front of me to ask me for photos of my 2010 car and a copy of my title to prove my car is a 2010. She claimed I said my car is a 2011 when asked.

I’m also $1200 over the exemption. The trustee was about to let it go before the assistant asked her to ask for photos. Now I have to go back in 2 weeks.

Does anyone know if this will push my discharge date back? Right now creditors have until late December to contest.

Wow, I have been reading up on ways a 341 meeting could go wrong, but I haven’t seen anything like your situation. I’m sorry it went that way for you. A trustee assistant? She sounds like she was having a bad day and just wanted to spread her poison. My trustee was a very friendly man. He even went out of his way to help a debtor who went before me who filed without a lawyer. 

BK7 DC 1/2/18 • Progress as of 5/10/22:

TCL: $89,350 • If it ain't got rewards, I don't want it Smiley Wink
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I had my meeting on 10/27 and now just counting down the days till my discharge. Balances already started reporting to 0 and information on the credit reports are slowly getting updated. My scores through creditkarma has already gone up! Here's to new beginnings! 

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

My 341 didnt go so well either trustee asked for me to turn over 3 pairs of christian louboutin's and a Balenciaga bag and asked for an additional year of bank statements. My discharge was suppossed to be in July but it ended up happening a week ago. Trustee hired a lawyer and I even had a 2004 examination. But in the end I got my discharge. I hope it works out for you!

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

What?!? I had to Google what a 2004 examination was. That sounds downright scary.

I’m glad its over for you. Wow.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

It sounds more scary than it was, but I was a wreck. It lasted about two hours and the trustee wasnt present just his attorney and the lady typing everything. They just wanted clarification of some deposits. Quite honestly the worst part was the extensions my case was pending for 7 months the trustee's attorney was just asking for extensions all the time and on the last one my attorney denied the extension so they went to court and the judge told the trustee and his attorney they had a week to wrap it up. Just take  deep breath and it will be over before you know it. And you will be rebuilding your credit in no time

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.