cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone dealt with this problem before?

tag
wvgirl_sunshine
Established Member

Has anyone dealt with this problem before?

We will be finished with our chapter 13 in January 2014...My question is we owe a total of 338.28....yet we have over 13,320.00 balance on hand, by january it will be over 20,000.00.   Has anyone had extra money left over after paying everyone, and where did that money go? 

Never Look Down on Anyone Unless You are Helping Them Up
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
bbrentlinger
Regular Contributor

Re: Has anyone dealt with this problem before?

I would question your attorney or call the trustee. What are they doing with your money,? We have one month left and $1090 left to pay the base. At the most we only had a payment on hand. That's weird in my opinion. We. Only have $10 on hand.

Starting Score: EQ593 EX 633 TU 649
Current Score: EQ 593 EX 633 TU 649
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 5
wvgirl_sunshine
Established Member

I don't know what is happening to it .We pay 2,360.00 a mth .  My hope is that at the end of the bankruptcy, we will receive a check for 20,000.00...I would cry all the way to the bank, but be so happy!!..My fear is that it will be used to pay more than the agreed upon percentage to our creditors..only time will tell.

Message 3 of 5
bbrentlinger
Regular Contributor

our trustee told us that any funds above the payment amount received would be sent to creditors.  but I have heard of a lot of people getting refunds. So I dont know.  I would contact your attorney asap.  We are paying the exact amount we owe for our base.  On your trustee report does it show a balance due for the base?

Starting Score: EQ593 EX 633 TU 649
Current Score: EQ 593 EX 633 TU 649
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
wvgirl_sunshine
Established Member

Our trustee has changed the base amount 3 different times...The last papers we received were back in july 2012. it showed us how much was needed to meet the base. and in some papers that I found it mentions that "cases are entered into our system pursuant to the plan, which may state a specific percentage that unsecured creditors are to receive.  This is the minimum due to those creditors, if we are able to pay that minimum percentage prior to meeting your base, we will manually raise the percentage to unsecured creditors.".   So I am sure this is what's going to happen, the 20,000.00 left over at the end of the bankruptcy will be distributed among the unsecured creditors.  Doesn't seem fair since they had already agreed on the percentage they were getting paid from the start or back in 2008..

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.