cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone had a BK 13 fall off their reports early?

tag
2GreenThumbs
Frequent Contributor

Has anyone had a BK 13 fall off their reports early?

I filed BK13 on 5/31/11.  It was discharged Aug. 2016.  It's due to fall off my reports in May of this year.  I'm hoping to hear feedback from anyone who has had a BK13 fall of their reports earlier than exactly 7 years.  If so, about how early.  Thanks for any information you can share.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Has anyone had a BK 13 fall off their reports early?

I filed BK 13 in October of 2010 and it discharged in Jan 2016.

It fell of Experian in July 2017.  I requested EE from TU in July and they removed it.  EQ would not remove it at my request but it finally fell of EQ on Sept 1st 2017. 

Message 2 of 16
luxeprw9
Frequent Contributor

@2GreenThumbs wrote:

I filed BK13 on 5/31/11.  It was discharged Aug. 2016.  It's due to fall off my reports in May of this year.  I'm hoping to hear feedback from anyone who has had a BK13 fall of their reports earlier than exactly 7 years.  If so, about how early.  Thanks for any information you can share.

I filed in August 2011 and was discharged August/September 2016 (can't remember off the top of my head the exact month.).  I request an early exclusion with TU this month and the BK13 was removed in less than 24 hours.  I plan to do the same with EQ and EX around May/June.

You should definitely do an EE request with TU.  It's almost guaranteed to come off now.  

FICO Score 8 as of 07/23/18
EQ - 770
EX - 757
TU - 741
Goal: 800
Message 3 of 16
2GreenThumbs
Frequent Contributor

Thank you for your responses.  Is an EE easy to do?  Should I do this online or by snail mail?

Message 4 of 16
2GreenThumbs
Frequent Contributor

@luxeprw9 wrote:

I filed in August 2011 and was discharged August/September 2016 (can't remember off the top of my head the exact month.).  I request an early exclusion with TU this month and the BK13 was removed in less than 24 hours.  I plan to do the same with EQ and EX around May/June.

You should definitely do an EE request with TU.  It's almost guaranteed to come off now.  

Wow!  That's great!  I filed 2 months before you.  I just got off the phone with both Experian and TransUnion.  Big fat "no" from both of them.  According to TU, it cannot be removed until April 2018 at the earliest.  

Message 5 of 16
luxeprw9
Frequent Contributor

@2GreenThumbs wrote:

@luxeprw9 wrote:

Wow!  That's great!  I filed 2 months before you.  I just got off the phone with both Experian and TransUnion.  Big fat "no" from both of them.  According to TU, it cannot be removed until April 2018 at the earliest.  

I did not call but requested online.  I don't know if that makes a difference or not.  But you should watch your TU reports, because if I recall correctly, others who called and were told no over the phone still had it removed within 24-48 hours.

Experian is known to remove around 3 months early but of course, as with all things credit, YMMV.  Hang in there!

EQ - 770
EX - 757
TU - 741
Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@luxeprw9 wrote:

@2GreenThumbs wrote:

How did you get it removed so early?  Isn't that 8/9 months early?  I thought they would only do 6 months early?  Maybe I am looking at your post wrong.

Message 7 of 16
2GreenThumbs
Frequent Contributor

@luxeprw9 wrote:

I did not call but requested online.  I don't know if that makes a difference or not.  But you should watch your TU reports, because if I recall correctly, others who called and were told no over the phone still had it removed within 24-48 hours.

Experian is known to remove around 3 months early but of course, as with all things credit, YMMV.  Hang in there!

Can I ask how you requested online?  I went on the TU website and I can only find a way to dispute.  I guess, I don't think that's what I want to ask for since I'm not disputing that I had a BK13.  I just want to nicely ask if they'll remove it early.  Thanks for your help, again.

Message 8 of 16
2GreenThumbs
Frequent Contributor

Here's my update.  Last night I requested an early exclusion of my discharged ch.13 from all 3 CRA.  About 15 hours later, TU deleted the BK from my credit report!  Wow!  Hopefully I'll hear from EX and EQ soon!

Message 9 of 16
luxeprw9
Frequent Contributor

@2GreenThumbs wrote:

Here's my update.  Last night I requested an early exclusion of my discharged ch.13 from all 3 CRA.  About 15 hours later, TU deleted the BK from my credit report!  Wow!  Hopefully I'll hear from EX and EQ soon!

Yay!!  So good to hear that!  Congrats and I hope you receive a good credit score boost!

EQ - 770
EX - 757
TU - 741
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.